The Dreaded Morning

I was so happy that Hugh had asked me to marry him, it showed he wanted a future with me.

I was overwhelmed by the way my life had turned out I never thought I could ever be happy in love, I never thought I was good enough yet her I am engaged to the man of my dreams, I didn't have a ring yet but I didn't care either way!

I was dreading Monday morning, I stayed at Hugh's so we could go to work together, I loved watching him getting dressed in his smart suit, I wore a black dress to match his suit and soon we would be Mr and Mrs, I just wished I worked on another floor I could be bothered with Beth and I was praying I never landed eyes on her stupid sister again, I just wanted them to leave me and Hugh alone!

"Baby it will be fine, I can see your worried!"

"Hugh I just don't want to fight anymore!"

"Look if it gets too much just come upstairs and I had a phone call from the jewellers your ring is ready to be picked up!"

"Really, wow Hugh thank you so much, I'm so excited, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!"

It was, when Hugh proposed he explained that the ring was still being made as he was going to wait before asking me, when I seen it on a picture I fell in love straight away!

The ring was white gold with little diamonds wrapping around the band and one big diamond joining the bands together, well to others it was probably plain and simple but that's exactly what I loved!

"That's why I love you Alex"

"Nothing can get me down now I love you Hugh!!"

"Come on let's get to work"

We got to work and I was still smiling, our hands entwined, Hugh didn't let me go until I got to my floor then He planted a kiss on in don't of my colleagues, I could feel all eyes on us and for once I didn't care.

"Bye baby remember if it gets too much"

"I will be fine Hugh, bye!"

I went into working buzzing off the electricity he had just transferred into my body from his kiss, nothing could bring me down today!

Beth was in her office, I put down my things and went for a coffee, I felt someone behind me which made me jump,

"I'm sorry Alex I didn't mean to make you jump!"

"Beth I'm not being rude but did you want something"

"I'm sorry my sister caused you to loose the baby,"

"Look I just want to do my work, and I hope I never see your sister again!"

"Ok, she didn't know you were pregnant though!"

"Tough, does that give her the right to attack me for loving Hugh?"

"Well no but...."

"But nothing Beth your lucky I begged Hugh to let you stay, he was going to fire your ass too!"

"I know I was informed, thank you."

"Keep your sister away otherwise I won't help you next time and tell her, her warning has only brought me and Hugh closer together!"

The rest of the day was easy, I think Beth was sucking up as she hardly gave me any work to do, I wasn't complaining though I was too excited to think about work all I could think about was my beautiful ring!

I decided to type in Hugh's name in Google to see if there was anything about his father, when I saw a picture of us, it was the night of the ball when Hugh carried me out, it said a source of mr Hendrix said the girl was Hugh's new addition who had an excessive amount of drink which was very common for her.

Ha, why do they write this shit, excessive drinker, I hardly ever drink so I can't be an excessive one! I knew who had fed these lies to the media what a fucking bitch!!!

"Have you seen this!" I put down my iPhone on Hugh's desk,

"What?"he looked confused.

"Well apparently I'm a drunk!"

"Yeh I've seen it."

"Oh right, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it's bullshit!"

"Well I know that but I should still know."

"It's fine I've rang and told them it's all lies,"

"Did you tell them the truth?"

"Nope I said you were ill"

"Thank you darling!"

"Alex it's my pleasure"

"Are you finished yet, I can't wait anymore!"

"Calm down Alex the shop won't run away, I hope your not after my riches girl?"

"Ha, I have my own money you cheeky sod but I am after your heart and I'm keeping it forever!"

"Baby I wouldn't have it any other way!"

He planted his sweet kisses on my lips making my spark ignite in the deep of my stomach.

"Let's go get you that ring!"

"Ok let's go!"