Nannie Blakewood

I decided to visit nannie Blakewood, I hadn't seen her in ages with me always studying but now that I've graduated I can go before I start my new job in new york.

I will stay there overnight before the big move on sunday. most of my belongings had already moved to New York so it meant on Sunday I had a lot of unpacking to do, I didn't mind though I was quite excited to start this new chapter in my life and hopefully it will erase some of the old one.

Nannie Blakewood lived in Connecticut so it was pretty much half way to New York. she lived in a large bungalow with a large garden and a vegetable patch it was so peaceful. nannie didn't want to live there at first she liked her old house it had a lot of memories, then she hurt her hip and father decided it would be best for her to be close to us and too live on one level.

Nannie Blakewood is very stubborn and said she would live in a bungalow but still wanted to live in Connecticut as all her friends lived there.

The bungalow was lovely with four bedroom, 2 bathrooms and a games room for when us grandchildren were there to stay, I hated her living alone so I used to stay with her over the holidays it was also an excuse to get away, I hated going home and I think nannie did too.

I told nannie a lot of my secrets so you can imagine how close we were. my grandfather died at sea as he was a royal marine and died before I was born. nannie would tell me all the stories about how she fell in love with him and how she never loved again.

" Alex my sweetie I've been expecting you." She stood in the doorway with her long white hair, she looked much older then the last time I was here, but still as beautiful as she always was.

"Oh nannie I've missed you so much I have loads to tell you and I need your advice because I'm stressing out at the moment." It was stressing me out from my nightmare, the move and now Hugh.

"Let's get you inside dear I have a pot of calamine tea waiting in the lounge."

She embraced me in her arms, I could smell her musk perfume taking me back to childhood memory's with her all good.

We sat in the lounge drinking tea. I explained how I managed to get away from joey, that was my ex boyfriend, only nannie and Sophia knew about him. he wasn't very nice at all, Sophia knew how nasty he was but I only told nannie minor details as if she had of known the extent she would have told my parents. I then told her about my nightmares and Mr Hugh Hendrix ( mr right? ) that's the question I'm asking myself.

"You are very wise Alexandra and you are old enough to stand on your own, if you feel anything for Hugh then go for it. I would love some great grandchildren."

"No no no nannie it's not like that he doesn't think of me like that he doesn't want a partner, more a friend with benefits." I knew that's what he wanted , probably less of the friend though and more of the benefit."

Nannie Blakewood was looking at me with concern in her face "what happened with dating a gentleman then marriage ? why is it that nowadays they treat women like meat and you girls let them!"

OMG is that how it looked, I suppose that's exactly what it was, maybe it wouldn't work but I like him enough to try.