Trauma And Treatments

Hi guys hope your liking the story so far, let me know what you think please and please vote for me well here goes the next chapter hope you like it!!!!!!!!!!!!
*************************************
Francis and Hugh didn't leave my side until the nurse kicked them out, Hugh wanted me to stay with him until my head was better but I refused, I wanted my own space, he wasn't happy but I didn't care and he didn't argue!

Hugh was even less impressed when I agreed to Francis staying with me so I wasn't alone in my apartment, not that he shared it with us but I could see the fury in his eyes when we decided it, what he needs to realise is that I need a friend right now not a lover, I sort of wanted an outside opinion on us!

Through the night was bad I had two nightmares, first wasn't too bad I woke up in a sweat but second time round I woke to 3 nurses holding me trying to calm me down.

"Your ok Alex calm down your in hospital, who hurt you Alex was it your partner?"

"No no, it wasn't Hugh he would never hurt me!"

"Well who?"

"It was a long time ago,please I don't want to talk about it!"

"Ok that's fine."

They left the room and I was glad but I had a feeling it wasn't over! me and my stupid nightmares!
Why are they happening all the time now? it's like something has triggered them and now I can't turn them off!

I couldn't really sleep much after that I drifted in and out but I think all in all I got around an hour. A different doctor can in, he was African American I think with a big bright smile.

"Hi there Alex, my name is Dr Remi, I specialise in the parasomnia family which in lame terms means people who walk and talk in there sleep."

"So the nurses have contacted you"

God how interfering can people get you tell them you don't want to talk so they bring in someone else!

"Yes they did and it's ok we will story this and hopefully see a lot less!"

"So what so you suggest?"

"Well first we need to know the root of the problem!"

"Well I already know the cause!"

"Ok, do you mind explaining"

I didn't really want to but I knew they weren't going away so I had no choice!

"Well my ex boyfriend wasn't very nice to me, he hurt me mentally and physically!"

It seemed like it was getting easier to share it with people well people I knew wouldn't share it with any one else!

"Did you ever seek medical help?"

"No but sometimes I wanted to but he wouldn't let me!"

"Ok that's fine, do you mind if I get a nurse and examine you, just to make sure everything is ok?"

"Erm I don't want it on record though, my family are very protective and they didn't even know I had a boyfriend!"

"It's ok Alex it will only state the basics on record!"

"Ok but I don't understand how my ex can cause me to talk and walk on my sleep!"

"Well sometimes sleepwalking is genetic or caused by minor things like sleep deprivation or chaotic sleep schedules but other times post traumatic stress or panic attack can cause them, Alex I know you have panic attacks caused by traumatic stress from your past. I also think because you are in a new relationship which I am guessing this is the first one since your ex, if I'm right I think you have triggered this stress, what I need to know is if he has done any lasting damage!"