The Move

Lying in bed I look at the clock 6:00am (another nightmare), I'm starting to get sick of this.

Nannie had made breakfast, pancakes and bacon and a pot of tea, nannie wasn't there so I decided on a cup of tea as I didn't feel that hungry.

I headed to the patio to look out onto the garden, nannie was at her vegetable patch digging out the weeds, it made me feel at ease watching her gardening.

I went for a nice hot bath to wash away my nightmare, even though it was just a nightmare it made me feel dirty and repulsed at me for not being strong enough to stand up to him.

I lay in the bath and put a face cloth over my face, the oils I put in the bath smelt fabulous and did make me feel at calm, I started to think about Hugh and could feel myself getting arouse, stop that now I thought to myself, I wonder what he is doing right now? or who he is doing? I wonder if he is thinking about me? probably not!

Am I doing the right thing?

Argh!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with me it's only abit of fun, pull your self together woman.

Once I gave myself a pep talk and got out the bath I pulled on some sweats and twisted my hair into a bun, it wasn't like anyone was gunna see me, once I get to my apartment as I had a lot of unpacking to do, I think i'll get some wine to entertain me with.

I gave nannie a hug and we said our goodbyes she handed me a bag and said it was a house warming gift.

" Thank you nannie for everything, I will open it when I get sorted in my apartment I love you and will see you soon."

She looked at me with loving eyes and said "remember to use your head dear on all aspects of life and you know I'm only on the other side of the phone if you need me."

I couldn't help but let a tear fall down my face, I was always sad when I left her alone.

The ride to New York wasn't to bad, I felt nervous about moving though, it wasn't too bad in London because I knew I was always going home but New York is going to be different, I have to start my new chapter there hopefully it will be filled with joy and happiness, yeh right!!! I thought that would be too plain sailing for me.

I arrived at my apartment building I pulled my car into the underground car park.

I'm finally here, there is it no turning back now!!!!!!

I headed for the front of the building as I needed my keys from the front desk , the building inside was warm and friendly with soft brown furnishings, I was so focused on the blonde lady on the phone when I bumped into this young man.

OMG why do I keep doing this , I'm such a klutz I thought to myself. "I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going."

I looked at him he was gorgeous, blonde hair, blue eyes he had a picture perfect face you could tell he was some kind of model and if he wasn't then he should be.

"Darling don't worry it happens all the time, girls falling into me it's just to bad I ain't into them." He burst into laughter making me feel at ease.

"My name is Francis Porter "

"Oh right my name is Alex Blakewood " I said extending my hand to him.

"So you just moving in?" He said waving at my bags,

yeh I'm moving in on the third floor , number 32, maybe I shouldn't have said that I don't even know you!"

"It's fine I live on the third floor too, number 42 so we are even now."

Aww I think I like him already.

"Thanks Francis I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship."

"Hey girl I bloody hope so I could do with a film buddy on the evening, when I'm not dragging you out with me." he looked so happy that we were friends and I was glad.

"Francis that sounds great I'm so looking forward to you showing me the night life of new york."

" Defo girl what can I say gay guys are always the best company! look I've got a photo shoot now but al check in on you after, if you want? to see if you any help with your unpacking!"

"Ok that would be great if you forget my number ask the front desk and i'll let them know your coming."

"Ok darl see you soon", and with that we went on our ways.......

My apartment was quite large it had 2 bedrooms with on-suites and walk-in wardrobes, I decided to take the bedroom closets to the kitchen so I didn't have to walk far if I need a drink, normal people could just take a drink to bed, but not me, nope mine always ended up on the floor! I did mention how clumsy I am.

My mother had already taken care of my beds and sofa they were all in place I just had my smaller boxes to unpack, I should defiantly get this done tonight.

I opened a bottle of Chardonnay, poured a large glass and got stuck into unpacking.

It was around 7pm when I got a text from Hugh, why was he texting me? the door knocked before I managed to read it, aww well I thought never mind he can wait, I flung my phone onto the couch and opened the door.

Francis was lying against the door on the phone when I opened it, it looked heated so I waved and pointed to my glass he gave me the thumbs up do I went to the kitchen.

I was pouring his wine when I started to think how I couldn't believe I had just met this guy yet I felt like I had known him for years.

After about 10 minutes Francis came in. "soz girl, ex boyfriend given me aggro." he said shaking his head.

What an awkward moment, "oh no are you ok is it still fresh?"

"You would think so by the way he keeps calling me 3 times a day, he broke it off with me and I'm the one over it, and now the jerk won't leave me alone, so.....

I sort if told him I was at my girlfriends!"

I nearly chocked on my wine.

"WHAT!!!!!!! how the hell did that happen?"

He started laughing, "I don't know I needed to shut him up and that certainly did."

"Aww I don't know about this i'm a real bad liar he would know straight away if I ever met him, a mean he knows your gay for a start!"

"Ok al do it but don't blame me when it goes tits up, you have to pretend for me too, when we are out so I don't get attention from drunks."

He didn't even wait before agreeing with me, he was so understanding.

"So you must of had a tough time with someone if you don't want any attention off the opposite sex."

"Yeh you could say that, he was my ex boyfriend joey and I don't mind getting attention off some guys just not drunk ones."

What was wrong with me I was about to tell someone I hardly know my deepest, darkness secret, something I have hidden away deep in my mind, aww well here it goes.....

"Like I said he was my boyfriend, he was lovely at first then turned really nasty, calling me names and messing with my mind, then he started getting physical when he was drunk, after a while it was all the time, I was so scared of him I couldn't ask for help."

I started to cry uncontrollably, I couldn't stop all the hurt and anger was pouring out of me, I felt disgusted in my self for not being strong enough to stand up to a monster like Joey.

Francis wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head. " god Alex I should never pry on your business, I just thought it would be another cheat not a bloody sicko!"

"It's fine, how were you meant to know, I'm actually glad you did pry as I feel better for getting off my chest!"

He looked happier, his eyes softened so I handed him him a glass of wine off the breakfast counter and we toasted to new beginnings, which was exactly what this was.