Devastation

I lay on the hospital bed with Hugh clutching my hand, I was changed into a hospital gown and giving some pain relief, that's when I noticed blood, there was loads of blood on my legs, what the hell!!!!

"Hugh what's wrong with me please!"

"It's ok your safe darling, the Dr is here now!"

"Hello Alex, I'm sorry to tell you but you have lost the baby!"

"What do you mean, what baby I think you have made a mistake!"

Hugh's face was that of shock and his eyes started to fill then he looked at the Dr,

"What has caused this Dr?"

"Well I think impact to your stomach has caused the placenta to detach which has caused the miscarriage."

I was numb, I knew it was Lexi who had caused this, I never in a million years thought I was pregnant and now that bitch has taken that from me.

"Hugh I'm sorry, I didn't know!"

"Hey it's ok baby, you are not to blame, but the person who is, they are about to feel the wrath of my power!"

"Please Hugh leave it, I don't want to fight no more, what happens the next time?"

"She will not take 2 steps near you again I will make sure of that Alex, I can not let this go, that was my unborn child!"

He was angry, the fury was bursting out his eyes, I felt his pain but she didn't know I was pregnant, would that have changed her actions I just don't know!

He went to get me a glass of water and took longer than expected, I knew he was on his phone, I knew he couldn't let this lie, I was allowed to go home once they knew I was fine, Hugh took me straight to his house, once I got in I went straight for a shower, miss Taylor had already been aware of my arrival as she had bought me all the essentials for my stay along with a change of clothes.

"You okay baby?" Hugh said entering the bedroom.

"Not really I still feel numb, but I'll be fine"

"I'll call Yasmin's parents and tell them we won't be coming"

"No Hugh please I want to go, I want to meet her, plus it will take my mind off the devastation."

"Alex I'm sorry I never thought this would happen, it's all my fault"

I wrapped my arms around him,

"Don't you dare blame yourself, nobody knew, not even me, you can't blame anybody!"

"I can blame that bitch!"

"She didn't know either,"

"How can you be like that she killed our baby!"

She was angry yes, but she didn't know!"

"Well she does now and when my people are finished with her she'll wish she never touched you!"

I knew he felt like he was helping, this was the only way he knew how, power and money was the only thing Hugh was made of until he met me!

"Can we just sleep now Hugh I'm feeling exhausted!"

"Of course baby."

We retreated to bed, Hugh never let go of me that night and I was glad for it, I felt protected by him, I loves him so much, he made my life complete.