37

Soobin

I am mentally slapping myself as I place papers after papers in the vault fixing it to its original form.

What am I thinking?

Soobin he's your brother!

That's wrong!

What if my dad found out, or the world found out?

After fixing the vault, (or safe) I sat on the floor as I think.

This has to stop. I have to stop thinking about him. I have to stop loving him the way I do and start treating him as my brother. We can't be. This is wrong.

I wiped my tears as I fix my self and went to my room.

Dad calling

I picked up the call.

"Dad?"

"Ah have you all gone to bed?"

"No dad I am about to. Why?"

"Ah I just want to ask you again to look for something in my room since you like memorize every corner (laughs)"

I smiled as I remember those times I am bored so I always explore every room in the house including my dad's room.

"Yes dad what is it?"

"You see the desk in my room? Can you grab the black folder please?"

I went to his room and did as told and.

"What now dad?"

"Oh can you look at the last paper? That has the financial statement for last year. Can you tell me how much is the equity?"

I look at the paper but I don't know if my dad was testing me or what but this statement looks off to me.

"Dad something is wrong with this"

"What? Can you just turn on your camera please?"

I did as told with the paper visible in the camera.

"What is wrong there?"

I look over the whole report from the transactions for a while before turning to my dad and explaining it to him how some accounts are understated making the others overstated. I never thought the accountant will make such mistake considering he's working for a huge business not just something.

"Alright I see now. Thank you Soobin I will see to it that this will be fixed as soon as possible. Ladies and gentlemen, as you can see, my gut is right that someone inside this firm is secretly stealing money little by little from this company. Meeting adjourned, Mr. Wong, I want to have a word with you in my office."

I froze, is dad in the middle of a meeting while he talks to me?

"Dad?"

"Oh Soobin, I'm sorry, the board just want to review the statement so I gave them a review. How is it?"

"Dad seriously, why? It's embarrassing, I'm talking informally god"

Dad just laugh a little.

"I'm impressed of how you easily handled the situation even the board was impressed by you. They are all in awe. You know, this office is waiting for you already since Yeonjun is going to be a doctor"

"Dad, well. . .  thanks.  . . uhm, I think it's time for me to go to bed" I smiled and he was out.

Oh crap.