23

Beomgyu

When me and Kai reached my room, I was immediately pinned on the door as Kai look straight into my eyes. I already know what this is about.

"Look at me and tell me what you know about the situation Taehyun is in" he said. His voice demands but his eyes were desperate.

"I. . . I can't. . . . . I promised Taehyun. . . . " I stutter as I saw him looking down only to realize he's crying.

"Kai. . I'm sorry. . . I want to tell but . . . but Taehyun. . . he wants to be the one to tell you. . . "

I crouched down at his level as he was kneeling already.

Kai has changed over time. The first time I met him, he was like a baby to Soobin hyung, always wanting to be by his side. But as time goes by, I noticed how Soobin and Yeonjun hyung grew closer than before and Kai then become more independent. When the gang beat me up, he grew from a baby to an adult all of a sudden. He become stronger emotionally. Even if his relationship with Soobin hyung didn't change I can see him mature. And when he and Taehyun grew closer, I see how he become more of a positive thinker and always a protector. He always show his strong personality and seeing him crying right now broke me.

"Taehyun . . . I know he's in danger. Someone is after him and I know I know nothing but I want to protect him.  Tell me why does he want me not to know?" he sobbed as he clings to me.

"Taehyun wants you to understand him. What I can say was that he doesn't want you to get into trouble. He's scared of you and the fact that you become different when angry scares him. It scares him that you might actually do the bloody stuff." I said as he calms down.

We are now sitting side by side by the door.

"How can I convince him to tell me?" he asked and I shook my head.

"I don't know either. He asked for help and I just kinda force it out of him" I replied as he laugh.

"You really have a talent of forcing out informations from people" he laughs as I nod

"Thanks by the way. I just hope he'll tell me. Sorry for scaring you. And I'm really amazed at how you keep promises."  he smiled before we stood up and walk downstairs where Taehyun was seated.

"Taehyun, I've read the text. I called the owner and it's not a wrong number. Tell me, who is he? I know you don't want me in this mess but I am your brother and I am already in. He don't know me. Beomgyu won't tell me" Kai immediately said and I can see Taehyun become stiff in a second.

"I. . ."

"Don't be scared. I won't do anything that I know will hurt us" Kai said and that's what it take for Taehyun to spill the tea

But Taehyun still left out one detail. The detail that really make me cry and weak on my knees. The detail that scares me. The detail that I think was the most important to be told. But I understand him. But I also want him to tell everything to Kai.

After his story, Kai was speechless as he stares at blank space. Tears are falling from his eyes and I don't know what he is thinking right now.

Kai

After what I found out about Taehyun I don't know what to feel. I feel guilty, angry, sad, scared, useless, horrible at the same time.

Was this the reason he would always cry in the middle of the night? And there I was, getting angry at him without knowing.

Was this the reason he would always like to stick next to my dad and mom? And I always judge him as a clingy baby and hate him.

Was this the reason why he never take the public transportation? And I am thinking he's grabbing my dad's attention.