3

Yeonjun's POV

I went home carrying another basket of vegetable placing them on the table. I went to the kitchen to prepare dinner, you know. After a tiring day in the farm I know my dad deserves a good dinner. Also my mom grew weaker as the day passed making me scared that she might not see me graduate. But I shrug the feeling off and continue my task.

"Yeonjun-ah" I heard my mom call making me go to her room.

"Mom careful" I told her as she slowly stood up and I guided her to the dining table making her sit down.

"Are you hungry mom? I'm sorry I just got home from the farm to pick up some of the vegetable. Dad will be home soon. He just have a delivery" I said making my mom laugh a little.

You see me and my dad take turn to stay home to watch after my mom. When I am in school, our neighbors will be the ones to watch over her. Then on weekends I will be in the farm as my dad rest.

"It's OK son, I just want to be with you. i know you will be leaving us soon to study. I will miss you" she said reaching out to me as I held her hands.

"Mom, I will visit every weekend and holidays. Also I will call every time I am free. Dad has the phone" I said as I wipe her tears.

"No no I mean, I will miss your cooking. Also your pressence. But I know I will have to let you go to be able to reach your dreams" she said as she hug me.

"Yeonjun! Yeonjun! Captain is here!" I heard my dad say and the look in my mom's eyes show great pride and happiness as if I had just done something so good.

The Captain and my dad enter as he, my dad handed me an envelope and the captain is smiling very wide.

"Open it" my dad said as I read the writing on the back.

A name caught my eyes

"Halsten University"

I immediately tore off the envelope open making my dad chuckle and my mom to laugh.

There inside was a letter, a form to be filled out and a key. I open the letter and read

Mr. Lee,

Good day.

Halsten University is glad to inform you that you passed the scholarship exam.

Among all 5000 students who take the exam you topped the list with your average of 97%. With that, Mr. Choi already gave you your scholarship.

The form is the enrollment form for you to fill up and return to us for the completion of your enrollment. The key is your dorm key. Mr. Choi gave you a dorm and you will pay nothing for it. Also you have nothing to worry about your uniform, books and other expenses are all covered.

Come back to the university and go directly to the principal's office and hand the form and this letter and you will be enrolled automatically. Also for us to lay down the full details about your scholarship.

We hope to see you soon Mr, Lee.

I immediately jump into the arms of my father and cried my eyes out as my mom get the papers from my hands and read it herself.

"Dad I made it!" I said and the captain yelled and clap his hands and hug me as my mom silently cried with my dad comforting her.

Soon after I recovered from the shock I realized that our whole town is in front of our house with different foods on their hand as they all cheer for me. I am in awe when the captain drag me outside and sure it is like a feast.

"They are very hopeful you'll make it. Now look we have your back Yeonjun" captain said as I hug him thanking him very much as this is a very great blessing and he has a huge part of it.

I hear lots of compliment and congratulatory message from everyone as they all wish me the best even giving me some money for me to start. I want to say they don't have to give me money but they insisted like so much that I can't say no. Also I really can't say no as it will make them upset and all and i dont want that.

Saturday morning comes and also the day that I will go to enroll. I also packed my suitcase as I learn that Monday will be the start of the school year.

Mom, Dad I. . . I'll get going. Captain is waiting for me " I said as I tighten my hold on my mom's hand. I'm totally a mama's boy.

Tears start to roll down my cheeks as my mom gently wipe them and my dad pat my back. Gosh I never imagine that parting will be this sad. I will really miss them.

But I also know that what I am doing is for them. For us to have a better life in the future and hopefully my mom to be treated. I must not miss this opportunity as it is once in a lifetime.

"Son, remember your promise of going to the beach?" Dad asked and I nod still crying in my mom's arms. Crap I'm already a grown up but I guess being a mama's boy is not easy to hide in times like this.

"Well for you to fulfill that promise, you have to go to the university and become a doctor. This is a great opportunity. You do your best OK?" Mom said and again I nod still hugging her tightly with my dad stroking my hair making me not want to go.

"Go on, you have to set up your new dorm you know. Also don't worry about us. We have the whole town to be with us. And captain also"

After a next hour of talking and basically crying, I carried my suitcase towards the car of our captain to bring me to school .

When I got there Captain drop me in front of the huge gate and bid me goodbye of course not missing to put some cash in my pocket or should I say 'shoving some cash' in my pocket. He also left in a hurry as he has some errands to attend. It makes me feel treasured.

I drag my suitcase as I walk inside the campus. Once I'm inside a man meet me with a warm smile making me bow.

"Are you perhaps Lee Yeonjun?" he asked and I nod.

He then grab the suitcase from my hand. " I am Mr. Jung and I am tasked to lead you to your dorm room. You have the keys right?" I nod as we start to walk towards the huge building which I assume are the dorm rooms.

"You're lucky you know? Your room is one of the excellent rooms. You have that by yourself. You dont have a roommate so you're free to do anything on your own. After your dorm, I shall bring you to the principal" he said as I just follow of course after thanking him.

When we reach the office Mr. Jung let me in and there I saw the principal sitting on the chair as she smiled at me.

"Mr. Lee Im so glad to see you here. Have a seat" I sat down and she smiled as she handed me some paper.

I look at it and it showed all my scores in all categories of the exam and I almost jump for joy upon seeing that I almost got all perfect. Shheez I never knew the power of my own brain.

-------------------------------------

I never knew the power of my own brain.

BTW hope to see you next chapter

Thank you