Chapter 12

-Venice-

I stare into the dress mirror and comb through my hair. I notice some split ends were forming through my hair, I need a trim soon, i think.

I was wearing a light royal blue dress which Charles gave me for the party. He gave me some equipements for the party. Since he says that he doesn't want his fake girlfriend to look like a fool in front of the crowd.

I applied a light shade of my lipstick and i was good to go but i have to wait for Charles to pick me up at the hotel door.

I feel so insecure, though. Am i dressed too much or too light? I'm too scared to ask Charles. He's been a cold-hearted jerk to me. Speaking of Charles, i wonder what his parent's would say to me. Would they think of me as a girl from Brooklyn or a gold digger?

"Are you ready Miss Halsey?" Charles ask through the door of my guest room. He let me stay at his guest room for the night.

I jump back startled and regain my composure back. I put my comb down. I hadn't done anything to my hair since my curls were loose through the ends, so i just place some clips "Yes i'm ready"

Unlocking the door, i see Charles on his expensive black suit while holding a light royal blue necktie, How did he know i was wearing a light royal blue dress? His shoes are also blue! He smirks down at me, Yeah, Definitely a stalker. I think.

"Mind putting this on girlfriend?" Charles ask, holding out the tie to me, Is he making fun of me? Is this some kind of sick joke? Then again, I am his fake girlfriend.

"Can't you do it yourself?" i ask putting on a straight face.

"Well, were going to have to act like a lovey dovey couple later. Let's get down to some practices so we don't mess up. We wouldn't want to get caught in action right?" Charles says, his smirk never leaving his face.

I snatch the tie out of his hand and wrap it around his neck tightly. Charles coughs as he gave me a glare and i let it go a little. I angrily fix his tie into place. Why couldn't Charles be nice to me? I am acting as his fake girlfriend. He should be thankful that i said yes. I guess he wouldn't forget about that little incident that happened months ago, you knw, the kiss.

When i'm almost done with his tie. i look up and freeze. Charles is staring down at me with the most intense look that he could ever muster up. I gasp. My hands freeze on his tie, His eye's looks so..sincere. What? Charles is a cold-hearted jerk. He would never be sincere. I'm breathing hard now, i try to calm my breathing but Charles is still staring at me and i don't know why but it's keeping me frozen into place.

His hands go up and rest on my hand on his neck, it stays there for awhile and i'm so confused that my mind goes blank. He moves my hand from him "Are you done?"

I snap back into reality and jump away "Y-y-eah I'm done" Without meeting his eyes, i got back to the room and grab my purse and my phone. When i was about to grab my phone, i stop. What was that? It needs to stop. I'm just here as his fake girlfriend. Ground rules say: no falling in love.

I shrug that thought off and headed back into the hallway. I don't have time for silly imaginations. I don't want to give myself false hope, i don't want to let some man break my heart again. But it's already breaking. A thought says in my mind. I shake that thought off, no, i'm just his fake girlfriend. Venice. Remember that.

Charles is waiting at the door for me. My heels looks like i have grown an inch taller but he's still taller than me. We head out of the suite and into the elevator. It's tense. The air feels so thick and tense that when the elevator opens up again, I feel relieved when i got out.