Chapter 4: History itself repeating all over Again (2)

I'm a sucker for late updates i'm sorry guys! Hope ya'll enjoy this! x

Venice

4 weeks later

"Ms. Halsey"

A voice rang up into my ears as I felt someone tapping me by the shoulder awakening me from my deep slumber. My eyes widened as I came face to face with our professor, earning a slight giggle from Payton, who was seated right in front of me.

"Had a good sleep?" Mr. Adams questioned with a raised eyebrow as his dark rimmed glasses lay over the tip of his nose eyeing me with a glare. He looked like he was about to punish me for my wrong doing. Trust me, he despises people sleeping in his class and it looks like i'm his number one hit list.

As I was about to perk up a word of apology, the bell suddenly rang saving my ass from any punsihable act that he might do "You're lucky your saved by the bell Ms. Halsey" he said, as if suspecting that I was glad to hear the bell ring "But since one of your classmates had slept during my lecture, I'm giving you all a summative exam next week about everything" with a big smile on his face, he turned over to all of us as everyone turned to groan "Study well then, you are all dismissed"

I sighed heavily, ugh, why does he have to make something miserable out of my deep slumber "This is why I hate some of our college professors" I heard Payton mutter under her breath as she gathered her books looking at me with a sigh. "I didn't even understand one bit of his lecture" she comtinued

"Same here" I nodded my head, raising my hands up in the air "I wish I had the brain of Einstein, answering out everything to every problem"

"Speaking of Einstein, how are things going on with your heart?"

I gave her a small smile as I sighed in deep thought "I don't know what's wrong with me. A part of me regretted that I didnt get to say that I stilllove him, that no matter what happens, I'll never forget the memories that we shared but a part of me also felt like I was thankful that we shared our thoughts, finally having the closure that we both deserve" I say "And atleast I got to express everything out for the lost of those 3 years without any explanation" A tear trickled down my cheek with a smile. The pain was unbearable but that's what love is. It's painful yet worth it.

Payton perked up a smile with a comforting look "Come here you" She pulled me in for a hug "I'm proud of you always"

—————

I heaved in a deep sigh tucking a strand of my hair on my ear as I pulled out a seat in one of the chairs of the library. Payton was nowhere to be found, she's probably thinking of plans on how to get her crush's number or something, lurking out in the shadows. I let out a small chuckle at the thought of it.

Opening up the book of what today's lecture had been discussed immediately got me the strike to yawn and sleep, and probably having the thought of failing, again "And the great sleepyhead has finally learned how to study" I suddenly heard Brandon perk up from right behind earning me a shock.

I rolled my eyes in dismay "And why is the great Brandon Parker even here?" Raising my eyebrow in dismay as he pulled out a seat right across from mine, holding out his books.

"Well, unlike you, a genius like me always hangs out here in the library to actually study" he smirked "and not sleep"

I rolled my eyes annoyingly. Why does he even need to mention it. If I could just put a caution tape all over his mouth, it would all probably go well for me. But he's Brandon Parker, the guy who never stops talking with all his A's in class "Well, excuse me but i'm not actually gonna sleep here, I'm gonna study" I said as a matter of factly, opening my book to a random page which I don't even understand. Well, maybe I dont or I just slept through during Mr. Adams lecture.