Chapter 29

Venice

1 week later

I gulped at the sight of Mr. Turner as I slowly watch him walk towards my chair with our test paper results in hand. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow as he sigh at the sight of my result.

Uh-oh.

Did I fail?

Judging by the look that he just gave me, it looked like he wasn't satisfied at all. I did my best. I slept late at night just for this stupid test! As he handed me my result, his frown slowly turned into a smile "Congratulations Ms.Halsey" he say and went to hand in the next paper to another student.

My eye twitched at Mr. Turner, so he thought that this was a joke. I think he was expecting my priceless expression when he would hand me in my test paper result. I rolled my eyes at the thought and looked over my paper, my eyes literally bulged in amazement and shock. I got a B plus.

Is he being serious?!

I look over at Josh happily and gave him a thumbs up, I mouthed my result at him and he silently clapped like a little kid, I asked him for his score since i'm expecting that i've got a higher score than him since I saw him chilling at the school grounds for the past few days with Seth and Austin without even realizing about the exams.

He showed his paper at me and gave me a thumbs up. My eyes literally bulged out in shock. No fucking way. He got an A plus. I rolled my eyes at him annoyingly and here I thought that I have finally beat him up in Science.

---

"Mom, have you seen one of my sweaters? The one with cute little bears on it?" I asked as I have finished packing half of my stuff in my luggage. I was currently packing my stuffs for London since i'm gonna be leaving the day after tomorrow and my mother was helping me out.

She looked over at me questionably "I think it's in the dryers, try looking for it later" she said and walked towards my direction with a smile "This house is gonna be so lonely without you around" she sigh heavily.

"I'm gonna miss you mom" I said and engulfed her in a hug, even if she had been a drunk for the past few years and hasn't even cared about me I still love her, she's my mother after all. We've been catching up with each other and have a girls night out whenever she's around "Visit okay?"

"Of course" she smiled and her phone suddenly rang which signaled that it was work "I've gotta take this honey" she excused herself and went out of the room.

I sighed heavily and thought about the fact that i'll soon be moving in with my dad. Through the years that he had left, I had missed him so dearly much. My dad was like my rock. I rant out all of my problems to him whenever I feel down, he always takes me in the amusement park and ride a ferris wheel whenever it's my birthday, he cheers me up and embarrasses himself just to make me laugh, my dad was a dad like no other, and when he left, my life turned upside down. My mother was a drunkard and out of thoughts but she eventually came to her senses and changed her way of living. Ever since my father left, I always waited for him to come back and when the day that he finally contacted me and my mother, I was back to that happy little girl again who just wanted to feel the warmth of her father's presence. I'll miss my mom, a lot, but this is the chance to regain my life back again and to start anew.

Suddenly, my phone started to ring right beside me, without noticing the caller i.d. I pressed my phone on my ear and answered "Bitch you're alive!" A lively voice said over the line which made me roll my eyes, realizing that it was Cole.

"Are you drunk?"

"Drunk? Whose drunk? No one's drunk!" I heard him say over the line of loud music.