Chapter 6: Newfound Friendship (2)

Venice

You know that feeling of having mixed emotions towards a person? You know that feeling of confusion of whether its just a friendship type of thing or that feeling wherein you had just moved on so fast that you found someone whose seemingly compatable to you.

I felt that.

I don't know why but I just felt something that I always wanted to deny but I think it's just an array of  feelings that wouldn't last long. Besides, I always know how to keep it within myself and deny myself of what i'm sorta feeling. Because feelings change.

I know you're probably wondering what on earth i'm talking about, well let me fill you in about my weird friendship with Brandon fucking Parker and how the wee hours of the days has he captured my smile. It's not like I fell for him it was just like a feeling of something new which I can't say love because it's nearly impossible since I still have that small sight of hope for Charles. Once that hope of mine is probably gone, I still can't say the same with Brandon.

-a week earlier-

Everything seems painfully normal in school as I trudge my way towards my locker. People shuffling at the hallways, skimming their notes as if they have a test by the next hour, sea of students trying to make it through their class without failing and a group of interns discussing their topics around the school hallway. Although the seniors were pretty much eye-catching with their sense of clothes, they seemed pretty stressed out with the amount of duty hours that they need to fulfill in order to graduate college which caused myself to advert my gaze towards the freshmen people around whose fresh look and fumbling walks were appeasing to the eye as they walk around the hallway.

They looked as if they were confused if they had taken the right course for their future.

A scoff came out of my mouth as a thought of that came out of my head since its my third year as a Medical Technician student and I still am in doubt of myself of whether I have taken the right path of my future. The amount of hardwork needs to be measured in order to pass and level up by the next year.

"You looked as if you've just been hit by a bus" A snorky remark snapped me out of my thoughts as the daring Brandon captured my attention. I rolled my eyes at him as he laugh at the amount of annoyingness that he had brought upon me on the wee hour of the morning "But seriously if you wanna get in the good part of the day, smile a little bit more Halsey"

I scrunched up a fake smile right in front of him as he let out a laugh "Whatever Brandon"

"What, i'm just trying to cheer you up" he said with a wink as he walked towards his own locker.

I shake my head in dismay as I continued to walk past the people in the hallway. It's a little bit weird that Payton isn't here with me on a Thursday morning. She was always the blabby person to talk to on the first start of the morning and things weren't the same without her here. She called me yesterday that she was going on a trip with her parents in the Bahamas saying that she was merely excited yet scared since she'll probably miss a whole day of lecture.

"Hey girlfriend wait up!" I heard Brandon say right behind me as I felt his hand over my shoulder.

I gave him a weird look "Do people still think that were dating?" I raised an eyebrow "I thought this whole dating thing was for one night and one night only?"

He chuckled out a laugh as we continued to walk our path, everybody's eyes were on us, as if they were stalkers or deadpanned paparazzis. Yes, I could say that Brandon was used to all the stares that people were giving him, since he and his group of friends were basically the golden teens raised with a golden spoon tied up in their lives but for a girl like me, I wasn't used to this. Even when I had fake dated Charles, it was a whole new level for me and I still couldn't get used to it "Alright, alright, calm down" he said as he waved off his hand on my shoulder.