Chapter 21

-Venice-

"You better make sure that guy gets into jail" I heard Mr. Delacorte say over the police officers who were responsible for the case. His eyes were full of sorrow and pain as I watch him get back down to his seat with his hand covering his head as he let out an exaggerated sigh.

His parents were sitting right across us in the waiting room, I watch Mr. Delacorte as he comforted his wife, it must be painful for her to hear that her son was involved in a tragic accident. They were both mum when they arrived, no words were spoken just tears.

"This is all my fault Cole" I whispered right into his ear as Cole's muscular arms wrapped right around my body, he was sitting right beside me trying to hold back his tears.

"Shhh, it was an accident Venice, don't blame yourself" He whispered right into my ear. No matter how much he tried to say to me that it was all an accident, I still don't believe him. I know it was my fault and I know that this would have never happened if I just listened to him.

My eyes were red and swollen and tears kept running down my cheek, there was a streak of blood through my shirt but I couldn't care less. A short memory suddenly flashed right into my eyes as I remembered our time when we first kissed...No it wasn't in the Rockwell Christmas Tree where we basically made out, it was when I asked him to be my fake boyfriend at a game to get Jessica jealous and things got heated and I suddenly kissed him for the whole school body to believe that I was really dating him which drove him mad at the end. That was such a bittersweet experience, he was such a mean jerk and still is now, except that he saved me.

"Family of Charles Luis Delacorte?" A doctor suddenly came inside searching for us. We immediately stood up from our seats and raised our hands up which caught him by surprise.

"Is my baby okay?" Mrs. Delacorte questions as the Doctor approached us with an unreadable expression.

"Well, to answer your question Mrs. Delacorte, due to the sudden impact of the accident, it was impossible for your son to survive"

What?

"But luckily he did. He has 3 broken ribs on his left side, a fractured leg, some internal bleeding but were trying to fix that. He has a few stitches on his head, he'll be fine for now" The doctor said with a sigh as I tried to sink everything in.

"What do you mean for now?" Mrs. Delacorte questions, looking straightly at the Doctor.

"The impact between his body and the car created a huge effect on his body  and we just checked his scans and he has a 60-40 chance that he won't make it"

"What do you mean chance?" Cole asked as I clung onto his shoulder.

"But you just said he was a lucky one Lewis" Mr. Delacorte said, looking at this 'Lewis' guy once more.

"Delacorte i'm so sorry, his head was badly hurt and so we took an MRI scanning on his brain and there was a slight inflammation on the right side of his brain and right now he is in a coma in the ICU"

Mrs. Delacorte let out a loud cry as her husband wrapped an arm around her "Can we see him Lewis?" Mr. Delacorte questions.

I see the doctors lips come out very softly as I tried to keep a straight look. Everything around me was spinning in circles, I blinked my eyes rapidly, everything just came out in such a blur. This is my fault. Everything's my fault. I grabbed a hold of Cole as I tried to maintain my balance "Venice, are you alright?" I heard someone call out my name.