Chapter 2: There are two sides of the story left untold (2)

Venice

Do you ever had that feeling of running away to someone who you once loved before? Do you ever have the feeling that you just want the whole world to swallow you whole and eat you up and disappear again?

I had that feeling.

Those beautiful brown eyes were the first ones to greet me on a Friday night. A heart that was once fixed, came shattering back down again as the sight of him just made me want to tear up and break down. I don't know what to say, I don't know how to build up words right into my head, I don't know on whether I would greet him or give him a smile, but the only thing that came right out of my mouth was, "Why did you come back?"

He was taken aback by what I said, the gleam of guilt piercing right through his eyes. Just when I thought that I had moved on from him, he came running back up again, appearing right into my sight unexpectedly. Is fate playing with us? Is fate telling us to end up in good terms? Or is it something that we both need; Closure. A lot of unanswered questions came flooding right into my head, does he remember me? Why didn't he come back for me at the airport 3 years ago? Why didn't he talk to me right after that letter? Why did he come back?

"Huh?" He finally replied in confusion, scratching his head in the process "How are you?" He questioned nonchalantly as if we were close friends who bumped into each other surprisingly.

"So, you remember me huh?" I scoff at the amount of irony, remembering his memory loss of me right after that accident.

He sighed deeply "I was a jerk back then Venice" he muttered under his breath "But yes, I do, I do remember"

"So what do you want me to do now?" I say in annoyance "Do you want me to congratulate you for having your memory back of me again and hurt me like it was nothing?" I felt my voice crack at the end. I didn't want to cause a scene at a party especially when there are a lot of people.

"I-"

He was suddenly cutted off by Nate putting his arms over his shoulder "So, you've met my cousin, Charles!" Nate gleamed looking over at the both of us with Cole right behind him, trying to look at me as if giving me a signal.

Silence poured over as I stood up awkwardly "Yeah, we've met before" I said casually as if nothing happened while Cole cough awkwardly to ease up the tension.

"Really?" Nate questioned surprisingly "What a small world!" He chuckled.

I was about to say something when Cole suddenly intercepted "Hey, Nate could you bring Charles with you? I need to talk with Venice here" He said as Nate furrowed his eyebrow in confusion "I mean, we didn't really had the chance to talk with each other a while ago, we were really close mates back in New York" he explained.

Nate nodded his head "Oh sure, I guess" he replied "C'mon Charles, were playing a game of truth or dare!" He dragged his cousin out of sight before saying "Play with us after you guys talk!" I heard him say.

Cole turned his back at me with a sigh "What do you want to talk about? I still have to pee you know" I reminded him with a roll of my eye

"I'll wait for you, let's just have a talk please" he replied with a pleading look.

---

"So, talk" I crossed my arms over my chest. Silence bewildered from the two of us. We both chose to talk outside since it was quieter and less people were chilling out.

"First of all, it's nice to see you again" He ran his hand through his hair with a sigh "Second of all, I know you're hurt but Charles was sorry for what he did, I know it was an asshole move of his"