Chapter 28

Venice

"Hey, you alright?" Seth questioned from the table as he noticed my mood. I was not in the mood for eating my lunch today nor am I in the mood to attend all of my classes. I didn't know whether my period is about to come up or is it just my hormones working up again.

"50 bucks says she isn't alright because she'll be stuck with Jessica later for detention" Austin offered up cheerily to Seth as I rolled my eyes at the idiot in annoyance.

"Or 50 bucks says she just had her period" Seth said in agreement as they both nodded their heads and shook their hands in unison like they were business partners. They both turned their heads directly towards me in curiosity.

I raised an eyebrow at both of them and continued to ignore the two airheads as my eyes skim around the school cafeteria. Everything was still in it's place. People were still seated in their respective group of friends. There were the jocks, the nerds, the cool Asians, the goths and well, the popular's. Josh was seated right with his popular group of friends at the center of the cafeteria, well they're not exactly his friends but more like his teammates in soccer since Seth and Austin were his one and only friends. Speaking about Josh, I wanted to talk to him about the things that came down yesterday.

As I can still see the stares of the two airheads right behind me, I finally heaved in a sigh of frustration and turned my head towards them "I'm not alright because i'm having detention with my enemy later!" I finally answered their stupid question in annoyance. Fuck, I dreaded the thought of spending an hour with Jessica Brien in one room.

"Ha! I win!" Austin cheered goofily as he nudged his friend for the 50 bucks. Seth annoyingly sighed in defeat as he gave him the money that he owed. I rolled my eyes at them, boys will always be boys.

"Gosh, why am I even friends with you guys?" I questioned annoyingly but they just ignored me and laughed in unison.

---

I hurriedly walked along the hallways of school as I went over for detention. People were giving me stares as I walked by, I guess they still couldn't get over the whole drama that happened yesterday. Especially the part where I pulled the bitch's hair angrily. I suddenly saw a familiar face of a guy as I happen to walk past him, I halted and turned my back to look at him. It was Josh and I needed to talk to him.

I grabbed him by the shoulder and he turned around to look at me in annoyance, his stare was cold as ever and he looked like he didn't want to talk to me "I need to talk to you later" I say ignoring the pissed look that he gave me.

He didn't utter a word but I hesitantly let go of his shoulder and quickly mutter up a reply "I know you don't want to talk to me but I want to talk to you and settle things with you Josh. Let's meet at the parking lot later after my detention"

Before he could even mutter up a reply, I quickly jogged down to the room where I'll be met with Satan's long lost child. Just the thought of spending an hour with her is an hour of agony. But nevertheless, I need to settle my problems with her whether I like it or not.

Just as I arrived, I was met with the devil. She too was about to enter the room when she gave me a cold glare before she got in. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and went right behind her and got in the room. We were the only ones in the room with a sleeping bald teacher on the desk and a board which wrote 'DETENTION' in bold letters.

Jessica was seated at the far left corner as I see her take out her phone out of boredom. As much as I wanted to stay away from her, I took a seat right beside her which made her look down at me "What do you want?" She questioned with a cold tone of her voice.