initium finis | 1.1.9

Start from the beginning

Yoongi was too wrapped up in his own mind to notice the discussion that had sprung between Hoseok and Namjoon. Hoseok seemed to be arguing, his voice sounded a bit agitated and incredulous. Seemed like he wasn't too on board with the idea of already having a kid.

And Yoongi?

Everything was happening too fast for him. Everything from the ranking tests to being thrust into a rebellion he was not aware that was happening. Throw in Namjoon, a head that oversaw Perfect Match every year, being the main leader of it all. Things that didn't make sense, being thrown at Yoongi left and right. It's official.

He was confused.

"Yoongi?"

Hoseok's voice snapped Yoongi out of his thoughts. Namjoon and he were staring at Yoongi, their previous discussion already out the window. Hoseok's expression was one of curiosity, almost as if he was trying to guess Yoongi's thoughts. Yoongi cleared his throat, throwing a hesitant smile.

"Yes?"

"What is your take on this?"

"Well, isn't it too early?" Yoongi asked automatically. Namjoon shook his head, a flicker of amusement in his face.

"Nothing is ever too early," he mused, "in fact, centuries ago before Perfect Match was put in place, there were very high records of pregnancy and most of the time they were single and people around and below your age right now. In this case, it is no different. Besides, you two will have months to prepare yourselves. Unless you'd want your kid sooner."

"Wait, we haven't agreed yet." Hoseok interrupted, "To have a child. I have to discuss with Jimin first."

Jimin?

"We'll do it," Yoongi cut in, looking at Namjoon in the eyes. Namjoon smiled widely, relief washing over his features."But, after I come back from training. I should be focusing on that first, not a kid."

Namjoon nodded. "Of course."

"Wait, but I never agreed to this!" Hoseok snapped. "I wanted to ask Jimin first!"

Yoongi vaguely remembered the small discussion he had with Namjoon. He recalled how he didn't feel it was right for Hoseok to not have a choice in predicaments that invovled him. Yet here he was, making those decisions knowing full well that whatever Yoongi said was what was going to be done.

"Jimin will agree with this. This concept has been one that has been discussed at length since before your matching. He was already made aware of the possibility of this. He wouldn't mind." Namjoon paused briefly. "He shouldn't mind. It's for the future. He won't. Besides," he gestured towards me. "Yoongi has already agreed. As a higher ranked, what he says is done."

Hoseok nodded, jaw locking. Yoongi felt a pang of guilt wash through him. His decision had been made in the spur of the moment, and as much as Yoongi hated to admit it, he did it to spite Hoseok for wanting to involve Jimin into their affairs.

How could he be thinking about Jimin at a time like this?

"It's settled then. Hoseok, take Yoongi to Ruby. Ruby will give him everything he needs to be a member of this community. You may resume training if you wish. You will both get alerts when you're expected to prepare for your date."

Yoongi and Hoseok nodded, not knowing what else to do. Namjoon clapped his hands.

"One last thing!" he exclaimed."Pictures will be taken of you during your date and will be leaked to the major news outlets in Korea. That way, people will start to question t-"

A knock on the door interrupted his sentence. His eyes flashed in annoyance before he asked, "Yes?"

"It's Ruby. I was coming to pick Yoongi up."

"Right," Namjoon muttered to himself. He waved a hand. "You guys can go now. I'll talk to you a week from now in concerns of your future child."

As soon as Namjoon dismissed us, Hoseok and Yoongi retired from the room. He grabbed the knob and opened the door to meet a smiley faced, Ruby.

"Ah finally!" she said, her eyes sparkling happily. "I thought he was going to keep you forever. Let's go get your things!"

Without waiting for Yoongi's response, she grabbed Yoongi's arm and dragged him away, not letting him say goodbye to Hoseok. Hoseok watched silently as Yoongi and Ruby, anger brewing in his insides.

What the hell was he going to do about this?

a/n: i want to finish part one by today (or at least get to 1.2.5). i only did two updates yesterday and i have over 40 drafs just waiting to be published. thank you guys for reading!