Chapter Thirty-One

I been gone for a minute, now I back with the jump off! Lol. Y'all may want to refresh yourselves on what's going on in Jay and Michael's world. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Oooh, so this weekend is my one-year writing anniversary. I just started writing out the blue on vacation. Glad I did and glad to have a supportive community like y'all. ❤️

———————————

The week after the baby shower and before Michael's birthday was pure bliss for them. He didn't bring up the picture of their family and neither did she. Janeé figured they'd talk about it at some point in the next seven days and she'd ultimately get her way, which meant she wouldn't be identified at his child's mother.

She literally couldn't bring herself to leave the house since the baby shower days ago. Michael's home had become their little love nest and Janeé was falling hard for him again.

"Why you be acting all hard to get, like you don't love me like that?"

"Cuz I don't," she lied. "You used to all these women running up after you and I won't be one of them, Michael." Her actions should have told him that her words couldn't be farther from the truth. The fact that she hadn't left his side in days was proof enough.

"I'd run after you though. Wherever." He had no shame confessing exactly how he felt about her. "I have been running after you, actually, for years." That last part brought on a look of sadness that she hadn't seen on his face since she told him again at the shower that they weren't together. It pained her to see him like that, but she felt like it was her only defense against getting hurt again.

She sprung up from her comfortable spot on the couch next to him find something to snack on, but more so to escape the uncomfortable turn their conversation had taken. He followed closely behind her like lovesick puppy into the kitchen. He'd been monitoring everything she'd been putting in her mouth, making sure she ate sensibly for the sake of her and the baby. Michael's eyes watched her backside as she bent over and reached into the back of the refrigerator.

"What you looking for babe?"

"Something."

"Janeè."

"What, Michael?"

"I can help you find whatever you're looking for."

"You can, but you won't."

"What? Stop playing. What are you looking for?" She jumped a little when she realized he was right behind her. His half chub against her  ass gave him away.

She'd resisted having sex with him the last few days because she didn't want to confuse him anymore that she already had, but damn if it wasn't hard—his dick and actually not having sex with him. The nights were the worst. Neither of them could sleep well without the other, so when it was time to go to sleep, one of them would make some excuse up to fall asleep with the other. Last night it was him, saying he wanted to talk to BJ, but he "accidentally" fell asleep in the process. Convenient. The first night Jay said she needed her body pillow and since stores were closed by that time, Michael would have to suffice for the night. Wrapping herself around him was difficult for them both. It was like their bodies melded together whenever they met.

"Is your dick hard right now Michael? You gotta be joking."

He backed away initially feeling ashamed but changed his mind when he noticed her enlarged nipples pressed up against her shirt.

"What Jay? That pregnant ass is so phat right now. You know your body is driving me crazy these days right? I can't help myself." His words were accompanied by his hand on her the side of her neck. His body was pressed up against hers as he looked down on her. She wouldn't say it, but her eyes were begging him to kiss her lips, they were painfully close to his now. The two exchanged wanting glances, but neither made a move. Jay's glasses were literally fogging up from the heat leaving her face. She gulped loudly before answering his question, which seem irrelevant now, but it the only way of escape from the overwhelming sexual tension between them.