Chapter Seventeen.

"Good morning again, sleepyhead," he snickered as I made my way into the kitchen. The smell of bacon woke me up and called me from Michael's room. After another round of lovemaking, both of us were out cold, but he managed to get up before me.

I waddled over to the stove and wrapped my arms around his waist as he cooked. He must have been enjoying it because even though I was making the process of cooking a bit more complicated, he didn't say a word. He just let me have my moment. Finally, he turned around to face me after putting some biscuits in the oven.

"I'm only eating those if they're your mom's recipe. Them shits were good as hell." He raised his eyebrows at me and kissed me on my forehead.

"Well good morning to you too. You did hear me say that 15 minutes ago, right?"

"Yea and I came over and latched on to you. That was my way of saying it. And technically it's afternoon anyway." As I said the word 'afternoon,' I was reminded of a prior engagement I had.

Shit.

"What is it babe?" I untangled myself from him and sat at the island. I thought I said that to myself.

I hadn't spoken up yet because I was nervous at what his reaction would be to what I already had planned for this evening.

"Jay, what's going on? It's too soon for you to be shutting down on me." He followed me around the island and was standing in front of me with his hand on my thigh.

"Well, I'm supposed to be having dinner with Andre tonight." I studied his face as I let the words out of my mouth. He seemed calm enough.

"You should go." I jerked my head back in response.

"I should?" I wasn't expecting him to encourage me to go.

"Absolutely. That way you can break the bad news to him in person." He grabbed a piece of bacon and fed it to me.

"You're right," I sighed. I was already stressed about the pending encounter. I kind of glossed over this part of Michael's deal to have sex. The part where he said I had to break things off with Andre. I wasn't second guessing my decision, I just wasn't looking forward to the awkwardness of telling Andre I wasn't going to be dealing with him anymore.

Michael seemed to be reading my thoughts. "You'll be fine. I feel sorry for his ass, but hey--" He pushed his index finger under my chin and lifted my face up to look at him.

"You're mine now. Understand?" He asked his question as a statement.

"Yes, baby. Of course I'm yours."

"This has to be done, might as well do it now." The passionate kiss he gave reassured me I was making the right decision, but it also gave me flashbacks of this morning. Which I guess, may have been his point. As I thought about what I had to do later, he grabbed another slice of bacon.

"Um umph! I don't know what tastes better-- you or the bacon," he said as he went back to check on the biscuits.

"Me, of course," I joked with Michael, but on the inside I was a nervous wreck.

***

"Wow, Jay. You look radiant." I involuntarily blushed at Andre's compliment and noticed how good he looked. His hair and beard were faded just right. Nothing like a nigga with a full beard and a fresh fade. Michael was still fine as ever, but he'd been keeping his hair pretty low all over these days and his beard? Well sometimes it struggled to connect. Like I said, he's still fine, but I definitely admired Andre's ability to grow hair on his face.