Chapter Fifteen.

Michael picked me up two days later for my doctor's appointment and though he didn't seem mad about what happened, he didn't say much either. The elephant in the car with us was killing me, we rode 15 minutes in silence before I finally spoke up.

"So you're just not going to say anything about the other day, Michael?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to talk about that nigga and because what happened is my fault. It's cool though."

He said his words in a cautionary way, like he had something planned to combat what happened at my doorstep.

"What do you mean it was your fault?" I asked because I wanted him to say it.

"You acting like you didn't know me. Honestly, Jay, it fucked me up. I wanted to snatch yo ass up for a second when it happened but then I remembered the whole 'cousin' thing.

"--And the Andre thing too. He told me you said we didn't know each other at Sterling's party."

"That too, Jay. Let me finish. I should have never done any of that shit." His right hand crept in between my full thighs as he continued driving. "It was stupid and selfish of me to ask you to hide anything about your pregnancy. I didn't realize it until my plan backfired on me. I'm so sorry."

"Ok, Michael." My reply was shaky because I was trying not to cry. Him apologizing and admitting he was wrong overwhelmed me. It felt like a step in the right direction to make things better between us.

"You getting soft on me girl." His hand reached over to wipe a freshly fallen tear from my face.

"It's your fault."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"No not that. You put this baby up in me and now I can't control my emotions." I hit his arm when he balled his fist up near his eyes and gave me the universal crybaby gesture.

"Really though, I'm going to move the announcement up. I'm tired of hiding BJ...and you."

"Well, even though I didn't love that plan, what you said about our privacy is true. The longer people don't know, the less stressful things will be. Can we just go with the flow for now? If someone finds out, they find out. If not, then we'll just wait until your birthday like we planned? And don't worry about telling anyone about me. There's nothing to tell." He looked at me hesitantly.

"Whatever you want, Janeé," he sighed.

***

"Everything looks good to me. Do either of you have any questions before we wrap this up?"

"Actually, yes, there is one other thing Dr. Wright." I turned my back to Michael, hoping he wouldn't hear my question. It's not like I was embarrassed or anything, but I didn't want him getting any ideas.

"So I've been really umm...I'm trying to think of the proper term. It's not coming to me right now, so let's just go with uh, horny. It's like I can't stop thinking about sex." My eyes went straight for Michael. He was definitely trying his best to hear what I was saying.

"Oh, girl. That's completely normal. Some women's libido goes into overdrive during pregnancy and some women experience the complete opposite. I have to warn you, it'll likely get worse before it gets better."

Great. I was already struggling as it is.

"As long as they're safe, I encourage my patients to have as much sex as they can handle. You'd be surprised at how pregnant sex can bring couples even closer together, not to mention sex is a wonderful stress reliever. You should try to enjoy it before the baby comes and you have to work around its schedule."