Chapter Fourteen.

I had a hard time sleeping that night after my talk with Michael. I couldn't keep my mind off the things he said to me. 80% of me wanted to say 'fuck it' and ride off into the sunset with him, but the other 20% begged me to be sensible. Which is why I was still seeing Andre. Well, that and to let Michael know a bitch could still pull a nigga all while being almost five months pregnant. I did like him though, more than I thought I would, actually. He made me feel beautiful and like I'd known him for years.

"Hey, can I see you today? You're not too tired are you? I know you haven't been sleeping well."

"I am tired, Andre. But I'd like to see you. Maybe you can come by my place? We can Netflix and chill."

"Uhh, sure, if that's what you want," he answered nervously.

"Relax. We just gon watch a movie and eat. You nasty, thinking about sleeping with a pregnant woman you barely know."

"Well I wasn't, but I am now. Even if I was before, can you blame me? I mean you fine as hell. Pregnant or not."

"How would you know? You haven't seen me not pregnant."

"I know, but I can only imagine...shit."

"You play too much. When are you coming?"

"Right now."

***
"Damn," I paused, as I looked in the hallway to see Andre's fine ass at my door.

"I'm starting to think you believe the way you greet people is normal," he grinned

"Hmm?" I answered puzzled.

"When we first met at Sterling's, you cursed at me when I opened the door."

"Ohhh! I'm sorry. It's just that, well, you look good as fuck to me right now." His rich skin tone masked it, but I could tell by how he looked away that he was blushing. I was having a hard time keeping things to myself that I normally would. I don't know if it was the pregnancy or me.

"Why you so dressed up anyway?"

"I just finished up with a potential client, figured I'd turn it up a notch." Andre was a high-end accountant. His firm boasted a long list of very wealthy clientele that kept his pockets pretty fat.

"And the rose? Was that for your client too?"

"Oh yea, she said she doesn't like roses, so I brought it to see if you'd want it," he joked.