Chapter Twenty-Three.

Janeé was trying to find anything to look at in the airport hangar but him. That was hard for her of course. She still hadn't seen him since she returned to LA after Christmas days ago, which meant it had been weeks since she laid eyes on him and her eyes had a mind of their own when it came to him. Michael offered to pick her up from her condo, but the trauma of him not showing up to the Lamaze class was too fresh in her memory, so they came here separately. She so badly wanted to run to him and jump into his arms, but her pride stopped her from doing it.

He cautiously moved in to kiss her lips, but she averted her face, so he caught her cheek instead. That would have been too easy, he thought and tried to grab her suitcase. She yanked it back towards her.

"I got it."

"No you don't. Give me your bag."

"No, Michael."

"Janee, if you think I'm going to let you strain yourself trying to load this bag onto this jet, you got another thing coming. Give me the bag."

She huffed at him and walked towards the entrance of the plane, leaving the suitcase behind. Michael didn't mean to come off so aggressive. He was trying his best to kiss her ass actually, but he also was not going to allow her pride to hurt herself or their child.

After boarding the private jet, Janee was shocked to see perfectly wrapped gift boxes placed throughout the cabin.

She turned behind her and looked at Michael with suspicious eyes. The boyish smile he gave her tempted to break her resolve to continue having an attitude with him.

"What's all this?" She felt his hands creep up around her stomach, pulling her body close to his. Each took in the other's scent, further reminding them how much they missed being near each other.

"You didn't think the babymoon was your only Christmas present, did you?" The small kisses he placed on her neck made her smile just slightly before she pushed him off her.

"I'm going to open all of these, but I'm still not feeling you right now." She gathered all the gifts and sat on the side of the plane that just had a long cushion running down the side of it. With each thoughtful gift she unwrapped, she felt herself softening up, but she couldn't let him know that. She didn't want him to think he could buy his way out every time he did something wrong.

After she was done, she thanked him dryly and turned to face the window behind her.

"Come on, Janeé."

"Come on what? You think buying me gifts is going to magically make the last month just disappear?"

"No, that's not what I meant." She waited for him to continue, but he just looked at her, trying to find the right words to say. He was taking too long for her liking, so she turned back to the window.

After hours of silence, Mike finally blurted out, "I'm doing this for us, Jay. I told you how this would go, didn't I?"

Finally, he was acting like he had common sense. "I know you did, but you didn't say I'd never see you and when I do, you're always too tired to pay me any attention! I feel like a nuisance. It's like you don't want me around. You don't talk to me, you don't look at me, you don't fuck me. How am I supposed to feel?!"