Chapter 2 - Caged In

Start from the beginning

"Spare me the design details." ,he muttered.

Morrie laughed, pulling away. "Sounds like you did have a shitty day."

Jack reached into one of the bags and pulled out a tissue paper and two boxes of the packed dinners for him. He folded the paper bag carefully after pulling out all that's inside. He then brought it into his desk and sat on his chair again.

Morrie followed him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Morrie left the package of chicken on the counter and came around to Jack's main desk. She opened her arms and drew Jack into them. Jack rested his cheek on Morrie's breast for a moment and let his eyes drift shut. "I'm tired. There are too many things to do."

Morrie ran her hand over Jack's short-cropped hair, smoothing it soothingly. "You want to talk about it? Sometimes talking it through—"

"No. It's OK."

Morrie stroked Jack's cheek. "I understand that it's a problem, confidentially and all, but—"

Jack shook his head. "No, this isn't about you comforting me, alright? I don't need your comfort right now. I'm afraid this isn't your office, so.... stay where you should be and let me eat here alone. Please."

Morrie looked offended and said "I probably shouldn't have interrupted you... Mr. Jorge with a bad day. And oh..."

She started leaving the room. "Smile sometimes... Anti-wrinkles... just a tip."

Jack just nodded to her last words and he's looking at her as if he's waiting for her to shut the door already so he could eat properly.

Morrie left his office.

He sighed in relief then he grabbed the phone on his table and dialed the number of his assistant from the other office. His assistant answered right away.

"Yes sir, any orders?"

"Kindly call out for my secretary, tell her I need her to come to my office immediately. Thanks." Then he hung up.

Jack waited in his table, staring at the two boxes of dinners he got from Morrie. He thought "Glad I took two."

And within just a few minutes...

Someone knocked on his door and he said "Just come in!"

Alice came in with her long curly hazel brown hair and with looks as innocent as an angel. She said "They said you asked me to come over, sir."

Jack said "Yes I did."

"What do you need, sir?"

"Please get these papers and distribute the project to the members for them to work on their assigned duty. We need to present next week so it's urgent, tell them."

"Alright, sir." She came closer to get the files from his table. Jack was able to see her closer again. He was staring at her face. He smelled her perfume. He gently closed his eyes and sniffed a little. He opened his eyes again and looked at her. He said "Was that the secret?"

"What secret sir?"

"Of why girls look good... it's all about the hygiene huh?"

Alice smiled a bit and said "I have no idea... Maybe?"

"By the way, I like the smell of your perfume...... reminds me of someone..."

"Ahhhh." She forced to smile though inside her, she found it really awkward that her boss talked to her. Jack rarely talked like that to anyone inside the company. He's always the serious type of man.