I don't know why i'm being like this

A/N this chapter focuses a lot more on relationship development between Niels and Draco ... hope you like it <3

"Eletherya."

I turned around to see Malfoy in front of my table along with his mother, Narcissa Malfoy. "Can we sit with you?"

"Yeah, sure!", I said and told everyone to make some space for Malfoy and his mother to sit down. It was ten in the morning and we were about to start eating breakfast. Before eating, each of us burned the best part of our food for the gods (I hoped my mother liked chocolate muffins).
After a few minutes of awkward silence, Alicia asked me where my father was (he normally preferred to eat in his own room) , which lead to Theodor pulling out childhood stories, Tom cracking jokes and Narcissa contributing her fair share of embarrassing stories about her son.

The mood loosened up a little, though I noticed how Juliette didn't say a word the whole time, she didn't even laugh at her husbands jokes.
"Did you tell her?", I quietly asked Alicia.
"Yeah", she whispered back. I raised my eyebrows. "And?"
"She is shocked, I think."
Considering Juliette's past reaction to her daughters homosexuality, this was somewhat understandable. "Well, she won't have a choice but accept it ... just give it a little bit of time.", I said and smiled encouragingly at Alicia.

+

It was in the afternoon and somebody knocked at my door, which was rather unusual. Tom always got in whenever he wanted, Alicia didn't set foot into my room unless she had to and the other campers were mostly training around this time. Dad didn't normally leave his room around this time either ... so who was at my door?

"I know who it is", Agapi said, grinning with her shark teeth. "I hope you're not right", I mumbled, though something in me got weirdly exited.

In front of the door indeed was standing Draco Malfoy, looking a lot better than when we'd rescued him and his family. He also was wearing muggle clothes; a black hoodie, black pants and (surprise, surprise) black boots.

"Come in", I said. He stepped into the room and raised an eyebrow at the sight of the altar in the middle of the cabin. "Interesting."
"Yeah.", I said, out of some reason too nervous to get anything else out of my mouth. What was wrong with me? To be fair, though, the Hecate cabin could indeed be described as 'interesting', especially because of the head of a skeleton on the Altar, along with a bunch of herbs, weird objects and leather-bound books filling up the shelves in the back of my room.

"I just wanted to thank you", Malfoy said, his eyes glued to the floor. "You and Alicia saved my family."

"It's fine, really. How is your father doing?", I asked, a lot less nervous than before.
"He thinks you stole the crystal for your personal gain."
"So he hates me."
"Yes."
"You couldn't have put that nicer, could you?"
"I don't see the use in telling you things nicely, Eletherya.", Malfoy snarled.
I smiled. Strangely I had missed his you-are-so-stupid-and-piss-me-off face.
"What are you smiling at?", he asked.

"Nothing ... It's just nice to see that you're back to normal."

+

"Uhm, Chiron?"
The centaur turned around. "Yes?"
"I just wanted to ask wether I could speak with Tyches servant. Maryam might know of other people who would want to have parts of the crystal."
"I've already sent the Aphrodite cabin on a mission", Chiron cut me off. "They will prevent Tyche from causing any more damage. I'm sorry Niela, I know you wanted to do this yourself, but it is the way it is now."
"What happened to the servant?"
"We sent her back to Tyche, so she could help convince her."

"Alright, thank you Chiron.", I answered and walked away, feeling uneasy. It simply didn't sit well with me that others had to go and change Tyches mind, though it should've been my task.