Mummy gave me a prophecy

"Why would she curse my father?", I asked, not being able to imagine how exactly Dad managed to make anybody angry. Well, except for Alicia's mother.

She got angry just because he existed.

"Remember when we were on that business trip in Canada when you were in sixth grade?"

I nodded.

"Well, we were on a mission in Quebec", Tom started to explain, "and while killing off some monsters, we accidentally destroyed some of Khiones ice sculptures. She was extremely angry, especially because she lost a diamond of her crown in the mess. The diamond can freeze the US in two seconds with the right spell. Since James was dumb enough to take all the blame, she cursed him. He is freezing from within - ice is in his bones and slowly destroying them, which leads to -"
"His incredibly low body temperature.", I finished his sentence.

"Exactly."

"What can we do to heal him?"

Chiron smiled. "Go upstairs - you will find a mummy. Ask her what to do and try to memorize everything she said - it will be important for your upcoming mission."

+

"Hello?", I said.

No answer from the dusty mummy.

"You see, I need to know what to do to heal my father. Please help me, Oracle."

For a few minutes the mummy sat still looking just as dead as she probably as. I considered going downstairs but decided against it ; if the mummy needed time to make the prophecy, she shall have her time. I just hoped she'd be done thinking soon - I couldn't really stand still because I had nothing to do. Just now did I realize how important it was that I always had a book in my hands - doing nothing was most likely going to make me mad.

I started tapping the rhythm of 'Killing me softly' by the Fugees on the floor. Just when I reached the second chorus, the mummy shifted into a seating position, her eyes glowing. I stopped tapping the song on the floor and waited until she would say something.

In the north, not the first, but the second she must go
Her guardian, loyal, always by her side
The time has come to reveal the hidden world
To search for what has been stolen
A mixture of three
Within the saviors blood
A mixture of  four
Joined To save the mighty from the weak
Between Water and earth
Innocent and guilty will fall
A choice
Determining peace for them..
..or love for her.

+

Tom, Theodor and Chiron were discussing the prophecy with the cabin eledest of each cabin.
Ariadne, a halfblood with an exceptional talent for seeing through the mist and Eliás, son of Athena (and also cabin eldest) were there as well.

Chiron explained that the mission I was going to be accompanied by only one person : my guardian. However, it was unclear who exactly that guardian was.

Multiple campers made suggestions on who that person could be - nobody of the Hecate cabin because they were on Ilvermorny, the American school for witchcraft and wizardry. They also told me I should have gotten a letter at the age of eleven, but out of some reason hadn't gotten one. "I'll explain that later", Tom mumbled into my direction and I nodded.

Chiron came to the conclusion that my guardian was Alicia, since apparently Theodor had been protecting my father before giving the job to Tom. I was a little shocked at how casually they mentioned that Theodor, Tom and my father had been on Hogwarts (a magic school somewhere in Scotland), Theodors priority being the protection of Dad. I just stared at them while they started to get lost in old memories.

"Does it have to be Alicia?", I asked, (in the same time when Alicia said "does it have to be me?") hoping the answer would be no.
Just in that moment an owl flew in, throwing a red letter onto the table. It was for Chiron.

"Open it", Tom said. "Her howlers are the worst. If you open it, you will only get to hear her voice - you don't want to know what happens if you ignore the letter."

Before I could ask what a howler was, Chiron opened the letter.

"Alicia Charles, Chiron. Nobody, but her."

Then the letter turned into green fire and only a little bit of ash was left.

"She went easy on you", Tom mumbled, slightly jealous. "I got a truly horrifying letter."

Chiron laughed and after discussing a few more things, I realized that they were not going to think about making me go to Hogwarts without Alicia. Nobody even dared say a word against what Hecate, my mother, had said. Coming to think of her, I also noticed that she was a virgin Titan - which meant that she couldn't have given birth to me. I wasn't even quite sure if I wanted to know how I was created if she didn't get pregnant or adopted me.

Everyone gave Alicia and me tips for the task. After the meeting, Tom showed me the Hecate cabin, where I would stay for the night.

+

The next morning, I finally got to see Dad. Chiron told me that a camper of the Apollo cabin did their best to minder his pain. I was extremely thankful.

"Dad?", I said when I entered the room.

"How are you doing?"
"I am good. What about your task?"
"Don't go off topic."
"I really am okay, trust me. But I'm worried. Did you already get informations on how to get to Kings Cross?"
"No. Chiron said he'd tell me after I visited you."

I went to my backpack and pulled out a few packs of tea. Even though I knew you could get anything you wanted by just wishing for it, I wanted Dad to get some homemade tea (yes, I made it myself. This is what happens when you don't have friends to spend your time with.). I placed it on the table in the room. "There you go. Make sure to drink it everyday. It is enough for about five months."

He smiled. "Thank you."

He pulled out his paperwork and I started sketching. It felt just like a normal day of home : Dad drinking tea while working, me doing my sketches on the kitchen table, until...

"I'm sorry, but you need to go."
Theodor was standing in front of the door looking probably the most sorry I had ever seen him.

+

After hugging Dad and promising him that I'd write him, Tom told me he was going to accompany us. "How is James doing?", a voice behind me asked - Theodor.
I frowned at him. "What did you say?"

"I asked how he is doing."

This was getting weird. He never showed any sign of liking my father.

"He's doing quite well.."

"What she wants to know is why you're asking, Theo", Tom said, slightly amused.

Theo? Maybe I was dreaming after all.

"Your Father is my brother.. we grew up together."

I stared at him.

"Only from the motherly side, though. My father is Ares, his is Apollo."

"So she's my cousin?", Alicia said, with
obvious disgust in her voice.

Ah, Alicia. I completely forgot about
her.