Shopping at diagon alley

After taking a plane to London we landed in the house of Toms twin sister.

Allison was very welcoming and showed us our rooms. We talked lot and she shared funny stories of Tom when he was a little boy.

A few minutes later, (a very embarrassed) Tom informed us of the owls that had arrived with the book lists. I surpressed a laugh. It seemed like he didn't want to be embarrassed by his sister anymore. His baby pictures where really cute though.

We were standing in front of a chimney. Tom had just told us to take some green powder and throw it on the floor and shout out where we wanted to go.

I didn't doubt that it would work. I just didn't want to do it first.

Well, guess what? I was the first to do it, because it was not trustworthy enough for Alicia to jump into a random chimney and Tom wanted to go last, if anything happened.

I climbed into the chimney, sent a prayer to my mother and shouted "DIAGON ALLEY!" as I threw the powder on the bottom of the chimney.

Green flames swallowed me send me into ash and then out in a shop full of people.

Alice and Tom soon followed. Tom snipped with his fingers and our clothes were as clean as they had been before.

"Aphrodite thing.", he told us when we looked at him. He was a child of Aphrodite then. I could still remember the girls and boys in the Aphrodite cabin, some of them being laid back and some of them being furious about my bad style choices - apparently too many black pullovers and not enough colour.

We went to different shops to buy our school supplies. Alicia and I managed to completely ignore each other. I was already exited for the school : the charmed ceiling, the moving stairs and all of the different subjects from Defense against the dark Arts to Astrology - 'Hogwarts :a history' really explained things very well. And then, after buying each book on the list, I realized that I had partly read the previous versions. Dad had given than to me as birthday gifts - books about magical creatures and ancient runes. I had always loved them and wondered where he got them, since I couldn't find them in any store I knew. The fact that most of these books were written in a manner that one would write school books jut made the whole thing rather weird, but back then, I chose not to think about it too much and simply enjoyed reading the books. I guessed my father wanted me to be prepared when I would go to Hogwarts. But why a school in Scotland and not the one in the states? And why this late?

After going through all the school shops, Tom said we needed a wand. We entered the shop, where a white haired wizard was standing, smiling as if he knew that we'd come today.

"I have been expecting you to come. Take a seat."

We took a seat.

"My name is Ollivander. You must be one of Hecates children", he pointed at me, "and you must be the next chosen one in the guardians family line." He looked at Alicia.

She nodded. "I am. My father explained me how the system works. The fact that I am the next is rather unusual, he says."

In awe I observed the conversation between Mr. Ollivander and Alicia. She seemed like a completely different person.

Mr. Ollivander then explained us how a wizard or with got his or her wand. We didn't choose the wand, the wand chose us. It's a little bit like going into a long lasting relationship. You could wanted to be in it all you wanted if your partner to be says no, then you don't get the relationship.

He gave us many wands to try out. Most of the times, we destroyed something. After this, I definitely had to Apologize. Alicia was the first to be chosen by a wand.

Ollivander took the wand and gave it a brief look. "Interesting", he said "that this wand has chosen you - it's not surprising though."

She frowned. "What do you mean?"

"This wand is 12 1/4 inches long, Sycamore wood with dragon heartstring core. Sycamore is known for being a wand that you need to use often, or else it will get 'bored' and loose power. The dragon heartstring will only enforce the need to use it. For beginners this could be problematic, so I don't normally sell these wands to young wizards and witches, but it's perfectly fitting for you."

His blue eyes turned to me, as he handed me another wand.

"How about this one?"

I waved the wand and a big part of his wand collection flew out of their places. The lamp one the ceiling fell down, but before it could hit the ground, Mister Ollivander put everything back into place with a flick of his wand.

I put it right back onto the table.

He handed me another one. "Try this."

Once more I waved a wand, but this time, the room was filled with violet light. Warmth surrounded us, but it was gone as soon as the light vanished.

Mr. Ollivander smiled. "Pine wood with unicorn hair, 12 1/2 inches. It will work well for you, as it is one used for creativity and new spells."

We thanked him and I apologized for the mess we created.

"Well, that was fun", Tom said into the silence that lay between us ever since we left Ollivander's.

"Yes", I said, but it didn't really help; things just got even more akward as we continued our way back home.