Hogwarts, hogwarts ...

The week we spend in London's flew by pretty fast. I stayed at home for the most time, learning or drawing. Occasionally I went outside to draw the different objects surrounding me.

I called my father one time and was relieved to hear that he was doing okay. The campers were taking care of him and he was drinking his tea everyday. When he asked about Alicia, I told him everything was fine. We ignored each other successfully, and she didn't seem to have the urge to insult me or my family. I was perfectly fine with that as I did not have the energy to fight; also I didn't want to.

Like that, the next Monday came and we prepared going to Hogwarts.

+

"... And last but not least: do not hesitate to protect her. If she's in danger, it's your task to shield her."

On the ride to King's cross, Tom had already finished his lecture for me. He talked a lot about where I could possibly find the ruby, and what to look out for. Now he was lecturing Alicia on her responsibilities and let's just say she did not look pleased. In fact she looked pretty damned pissed, especially at the 'you're not allowed to spread rumors about Niela' part.

Then he explained the four different houses in Hogwarts: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.

I already knew what the houses stood for because of the books I read about Hogwarts.

Hufflepuff stood for loyalty, justice, patience and hard work,

Gryffindor stood for bravery, adventure and courage,

Ravenclaw for learning, intelligence, wit and creativity

And Slytherin stood for ambition, cunning, leadership and resourcefulness.

At his short time there he had been sorted into Gryffindor, my father into Ravenclaw and Theodor into Hufflepuff.

He then proceeded to talk about Alicia's training.I started searching for gate 9 3/4. They had some weird numbers in Great Britain, but maybe that was common here. I had never been in London. On the other hand I could only find gate nine and ten, so I started to ask myself if Tom thought this was funny. I turned around to look where he and Alicia were, but they were gone. They had been behind me just a second ago. Where did they go?

"Come on 'Mione, we have to hurry. Harry's waiting for us.", a redhead said in front of the wall between gate nine and ten.

"I'm coming, I'm coming.",said an eighteen to nineteen year old girl with bushy brown hair.

Then, together, they walked right through the wall. I stood there and stared at the wall. They walked through. Just like that. Or rather : the boy walked and the girl ran, being much shorter than him.
It's worth a try, I thought, when I looked around to see if anyone was watching. Then I ran through the wall.

On the other side I saw Alicia and Tom standing in front of the train. Alicia looked even more pissed than usual and Tom looked slightly unnerved.

"I'm sorry", I said, before they could even open their mouths. "It's okay, we didn't miss the train ", he said, "but where have you been?"

I frowned. "You never told me that I had to go through a wall to reach gate 9 3/4."
"I did,after explaining Alicia the difference between a 100 %silver dagger and a 90% silver and 10% bronze dagger and the way it will affect the monsters.." He trailed off and started talking about weapons again.

I smiled. I had never seen Tom exited like this. It was good that he was getting a little rest, considering the fact that he was the reason I had been able to live my first fifteen years monster - free. During his lecture with Alicia he revealed that he had been fighting off monsters basically my whole life.