Merry christmas

I woke up, bathed in sweat. Quickly, I showered and changed my clothes before basically running to Chiron - I hoped he was awake. Maybe I could be sent on a mission along with a few others from the camp. I'd be killing two birds with one stone - a giant part of the crystal saved, along with the Malfoy  family.

Isn't that a little unfair?

Oh no, not that voice again. Agapi, what are you doing in my head?!

The spirit ignored the question and continued:
You're dragging people that have nothing to do with the crystal-issue into this.

Well, you do have a point.

Of course I do. Solve this with Alicia - preferably before Malfoy gets driven mad by his fathers wish to protect the family from losing their influence. Be honest, the only reason you wanted to have people from the camp with you is because you wanted to protect dear lil' Draco.

"And there you go again. Just shut up", I said and returned to my room. It was four am and I couldn't sleep at this point either way, so I decided to finish Mankind's rarest abilities.

Finally, the last chapter was about world wanderers.

'World-wanderers are corporal, living beings which are able to see and visit the multiple dimensions of their planet - it does not matter if they belong to the human race or not, nor does the general ability to use magic play a role. According to a world-wanderer, the dimensions appear like transparent layers. Even though we outsiders may think of it as a gift, holders of the ability often see it as a curse. Without a mentor to teach them how to control their ability, world-wanderers will most likely be driven to madness.

Nobody is quite sure where the ability comes from. Some say they have been blessed by a god or goddess, while others were born with it. '

The chapter went on, saying that describing exactly how world wanderers were able to visit the other worlds and other branches of their abilities. World wanderers also had a strange affinity to cats, which I could confirm: my father loves cats to death, but we don't have one because Tom's got an allergy.

I ended up highlighting the first paragraph, the cat affinity and the last sentence : 'A world wanderers sanity come from a healthy body and mind. They must make sure to always keep their bodies intact - because the moment their body has to fight serious damage, there will be no strength left to control the magical ability.'
This explained a lot more about my fathers health status. The moment Khione's curse started to severely harm his body, he lost control over his world-wanderers abilities, not being able to process all the worlds he was seeing at once. This just meant that if I ended things with Khione quickly, his health would improve and he would be healed.

+

A few hours later I walked out of the cabin and straight into Tom, Alicia, Theodor, my father and (surprisingly) Juliette, who looked like she'd just taken a very big bite from a very sour lemon. Apparently she was somebody who could see through the mist and thus allowed into camp.

The sight of my family put me in such a good mood, even Juliette's glares I answered with a smile. Seeing dad standing and almost healthy, without any visible pain, made me incredibly happy.

We spent the day eating and opening presents; from Tom I got a new set of Acrylic paint and from Dad a beautiful ring made of wood (it was oil-tinted, so it appeared to be a bluish black). There was a small gemstone in the middle, an amethyst, with a small hole. The hole, Dad had explained, was used for keeping things within the ring. Basically, I could hold my sketchbook over the hole and my ring would just suck it in. To get it back out, I'd have to call it in whatever language I wanted.

After thanking them for the presents, I handed them mine. For Tom the butterbeer recipe (he'd always talked about how he missed the Hogwarts butterbeer) and unicorn Hair for his Ukulele (I had asked Hagrid if i could take a few of the one laying around in the forbidden forest). For my father I had gotten different sorts of tea from Hogsmead and a (genius) little office in a bag. I had bought all the stuff I needed for a portable office in Hogsmead (though the table was an old table from Hagrid's which he didn't need anymore). Then I had transfigured an old leather bag with the help of Cecily so I could install the full office in it. Like this, my father wouldn't have to carry all the stuff he worked with in his hands or a backpack. The leather bag would also stay the same weight, no matter how many things were put into it. The bag was inspired by Newt Scammanders legendary bag with sich he had traveled the world.

My dad raised an eyebrow when I explained him the gift. "I thought you wanted me to work less?"

I shrugged. "It's not like I can keep you from working. I can, however, keep you from breaking your back when carrying your work around. Also, I'm sure Tom will make sure you don't spend more than three hours a day in there. Right?"

Please say yes, say yes, say yes...

Tom grinned. "Of course I will."

+

After everyone had gone to bed, I knocked on the Ares cabins door. A girl with curly brown hair in pigtails glared at me. "What do ya want?"

"Can I talk with Alicia?", I asked.

"Yeah wait a minute ... YO CHARLES! SOMEBODY FOR YOU AT THE DOOR!", the girl screamed and closed the door. I waited for a bit, then Alicia stepped out of the cabin. "What is it?"

I told her of the dream I had had about Malfoy and his family as well as the titan.
"And what do you want to do about it?", Alicia asked.
"Well", I said, "since I can hardly do this alone, I thought we could go to Malfoy Manor before her servant gets there and convince Lucius Malfoy to give us the crystal and tell us where he found it."

"But that's not the only reason you're asking me, right? You are worried for your boyfriend.", she answered and grinned.

I felt my face getting hot. "I don't have a boyfriend."

"We both know what I mean. I'll help you, it's not like I have a choice either way, it's my duty. We can go tomorrow morning, five am - I suppose you didn't tell Chiron, so people that have nothing to do with this won't get harmed?"

I nodded.

"Good, I wasn't planning on telling him either. I'll sleep now." She turned around and entered the Ares cabin.

Agapi flew out of my pocket. It was one of the few times I saw her in her true form; Her skin was of an almost translucent spahireblue colour, though her hair was a few shades darker, however still nearly translucent. Contrary to her rather adorable outer appearance, she had teeth like a shark. Three rows of teeth, each made of diamonds, which she proudly showed me while laughing because even Alicia thought Malfoy and I were a couple.