Chased by a broom

"Miss Eletherya", said Professor Sprout the next morning, "you haven't learned Quidditch yet."

I did not like were this was going.

"So I thought you should get some lessons in it - at one point in your life you will have to fly a broom so I suggest you start learning it. You won't have to do it with the eleven year olds, so I assigned Mr. Potter to help you out a little. I would give you somebody from our house, but ever since Diggory ..." She sighed and sadness came across her normally smiling face.

"Anyways, please meet him today directly after you're finished with your lessons on the Quidditch field. And who knows? Maybe you are a Quidditch prodigy."

+

I arrived on the Quidditch field, not finding Harry anywhere.

"Eletherya", a familiar voice behind me said. I didn't even need to turn around, I knew it was Malfoy.

"Potter's not coming today, so I'm here."

"Oh."

"Yes. Here's the broom", he replied and laid it on the floor.

I wanted to pick it up, but he refrained me from doing so.

"Say 'up'."

"Why?"

"So it goes up into your hand, of course."

"How did I not know that?", I mumbled sarcastically, placed my hand over the broom and said : "Up!"

The broom almost hit me in the face. Malfoy grinned.

"Up!", I said again, trying to imagine the broom landing in my hand. I did somewhat succeed - the broom just twisted my wrist and knocked me over.
It's all right, I convinced myself while biting down the pain.

"Up!"
This time, the broom avoided my hand and hit me in the stomach. "Honestly, what the hell is your Problem?", I asked the broom, while rubbing my stomach.
"Up!"
I dodged another attack. Malfoy kneeled over laughing.
"This ain't funny Malfoy", I mumbled. He stopped for a moment, looked at my face and started laughing again.
I sighed and stopped paying attention to him.
"Up!" The broom seemed to aim for my head again, but I stepped aside. However, It did not fall down; the broom stared chasing me, tapping my back.
Malfoy was now on the floor laughing his stupid arse off.

"Is it bewitched?", I asked, while running in Zigzag all over the Quidditch field.

"No!", Malfoy panted between laughter, "it's not!"

"Stupid broom", I mumbled, when I had made a full round of Zigzag running. I was exhausted, my sides hurt and I had done enough sport for the next month ... or year. "Can't you just stay still? Why are you being a bitch?"

The brooms hair got blue, and then I saw water, dripping from its head-like hair all over the floor. Was it ... was it crying?
"Alright, I'm sorry, I called you a bitch. Just stop crying. Please? Please stop crying. I'm sorry, it wasn't fair from me."
The hair went back to it's original colour. 

And then, it started speaking.

"I am"- sniff - "a spirit cursed by your mother. I stole a few things from her .. she said I'd have to serve her next child that came to Hogwarts. I'm actually rather translucent, with a blue tint, but I had to be undercover. .." she sniffed again.

"How can I set you free?"
"I am free while serving you. I can shift into any form I want."
"Oh ... well, don't you want to shift back to your original form now?"
"In the day light! No, no, no, this won't do. It'll blow up my cover."
"Ah, yeah ... my bad."

"That", Malfoy said, "was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen."

Then he started laughing again.

And it was so intriguing that I had to laugh as well.

+

The two hours of Quidditch training on my personal spirit-broom called Agapi (which meant 'love' in Greek)  passed incredibly fast. Flying her was hard, but not impossible and Malfoy said I had done badly but not outstandingly bad.

I took it as a compliment and went to madam Pomfrey, the spirit transformed into a tinier version of herself in my bag.

+

Even two days after on Monday, I was so sore, I thought I couldn't move.

"Get up already, Niela. We will be late for Transfiguration. And you don't want to see McGonagall when a student come a late. Speaking of it, how'd the lesson with Malfoy go?"

"It went okay", I mumbled into my pillow.

Then I turned around, but to the wrong side, and hit the floor.

100 Dollars if you found a person more stupid than me.

"Ouch", I mumbled, now on the floor.

Laurel laughed after checking if I got hurt. "And this, my dear, is what one calls Karma. Now get up, we don't want to be late."

We were right on time. Even though Professor McGonagall gave us a harsh look, she didn't say anything when we entered the room.

After the double lesson, she took me aside. "Did you have your first lesson with Malfoy?"

I nodded. "Yes Professor. We did the hardest subjects of first to third year."

"Good. You're falling behind a little, bit I believe you will be able to catch up soon enough."

She turned around and I realized I was dismissed. Laurel, Cecily and I left and went to the Hufflepuff common room. "What's next?", I asked, while cursing the castle in my head for not having coffee. I had barely slept with all the Homework. And since I was new at Hogwarts I had to take quite a lot of subjects, which meant not a lot of free time.

The next subject that day was history of magic. I almost fell asleep while trying to listen to Professor Binn's voice, but it was already hard enough on a normal day, and now, with my body feeling like it was held together by a silken thread, everything I wanted was my bed.

"Cheer up", Laurel said while we were eating Lunch. "Only one double lesson, a little bit of homework and then you can sleep."

I sighed. "I know, Laurel, I just -"

"Want my peace and quiet for a bit? Just want to be lazy, even though it is unbecoming for a Hufflepuff?" She grinned. "Don't worry, we all have days like this. Even out straight O student over here does." She pointed at Cecily.

I frowned. "What are O's?"

"Part of our grading system", Laurel answered. "O is the best note, then comes E ... wait, I'll write it down for you."