Poor unfourtunate souls

We sat in our Hufflepuff dorm after school, with Alicia just coming from sword fighting practice. Wordlessly, Cecily gave her a bottle of water.

Alicias happiness filled the room, though none of that showed on her face. I figured this would be a good time to asked her about Styx, since she might not get mad if she was so happy. After all, the Styx thing seemed to be a big deal and I had done it without thinking. If there was one thing Allie and Draco had in common, it was their hate for badly thought-out decisions.

"So, uh ... what does it mean to swear on Styx? Cause yesterday I somehow swore -"
Alicia spit out her water. I flinched. "You okay?"

She's mad.
Yeah, I know.

"Sure", Alicia coughed, "though I should be asking you that. You swore on Styx? Good Gods, Niela, what were you thinking?"
Before I could answer, Laurel asked: "What exactly did she do ?"
"She made the Greek version of an unbreakable vow."
Laurel's mouth dropped to the floor. Even Cecily gaped at me, eyes widened. "You didn't", she whispered.

Right, Draco mentioned them while talking about his godfather. A vow that cannot be broken, though he didn't know the consequences.
There was a Greek version of that ? Interesting.

"But guys, I took a calculated risk -"
Alicia glared.
"You put your life on the line!" Allie and C-lily said in unison, looked at each other and looked away. Alicia blushed - though if I didn't know better, I would've mistaken it for anger.
Pain tugged at the back of my head, light hearted, yet worried. I frowned. Allie appeared to be in a painful state of emotional confusion, so strong that it dominated the entire room. Her emotional cocktail made me dizzy, so I sat down.

"If you don't hold your vow, you might die.", Alicia said. The pain got worse. My, she really was worried.
"Or fall in a coma", Cecicly added.
"Or be cursed for life", Laurel continued.
I sighed. The promise I made wasn't one I couldn't keep; there was no need to be upset. "Alright", I said, "got it."
"Promise", Laurel demanded, a worried frown on her face.
"On Styx ?", I grinned, but stopped right away at Cecily's glare. Merlin, she scared me sometimes. "Promised."
Laurel gave me a skeptical look. "Really", I reassured, smiling.
"If you say so ..."

The headache got better. I closed my eyes.  It was all a bit much, but I could handle it. Maybe I just needed to clear my head.
"Guys, I'm taking a walk."
"Meeting Mr. Malfoy?", Laurel asked.
I just smiled and grabbed my coat.

It was a sunny afternoon; without the chilling wind I almost felt warm for once. Usually, I'd go to the forest to draw from life, but the lake and field made a picture worth painting. Apart from birds and little bits of laughter I couldn't hear anything. There was barely anyone outside. Things were just calm, simple.

Agapi?
No reply. She must've stayed with the others, back in the dorm.
I adored her, but it was nice for a change.

At some point, I'd have to tell Alicia of the dream. Not right right now, but later on. Maybe when school ended. What use was it to distract her from love? She'd do better worrying about the problems she had right now  than to worry about things far away. Me having this on my mind was enough. Right now, there wasn't much that could be done anyways.

Next to the lake, a small field of flowers bloomed. One of them was attached to a stone.
I slipped and fell, kicking stone and flower into the water.
Sitting in front of the lake, I watched them drown. I didn't know why, but it would've been nice to see them come back. Even if it didn't abide to any law of physics, even though it was impossible, it would've been nice to see.

I summoned sketchbook and pencil from the ring, but couldn't bring myself to draw. Sometimes, a blank page felt like a rejection rather than an invitation.
Letting the sketchbook be, I watched the sunset instead. Maybe I'd draw that lake another time.