Chocolate is tHe bEsT

Luna Lovegood surprised me every time I met her. In the Slug club she made the oddest, but also the funniest comments on stuff that people said. Now, her eyes were a little less dreamy than usual.

"I know what you are searching for", she said, and smiled. "The snow ruby, right?"

How did she know?

"My father and mother worked with other beings of this world to make it. They had the honor of being chosen by the guards of the season stones. If you want to find out who they are, meet me on Sunday afternoon in front of the forbidden forest." Her eyes became dreamy again. "And take your guardian with you. You will need her." After this she smiled, said : "oh! There are nargles in the mistletoes!" and jumped away, towards a mistletoe right above her boyfriend, Neville Longbottom, leaving me utterly confused.

"What did she say?", Cecily asked, after having talked with the boy she was going to go to the ball with. "I'll tell you later", I answered, not wanting everyone to know about the snow ruby. Cecily frowned but nodded.
Her ball partner appeared with two glasses of pink champagne - or at least that was what it looked like. One never knew with these wizarding drinks.
"There you go", he said, and handed Cecily her drink. She thanked him.

I left the both of them alone since I didn't want to ruin their atmosphere. Thirdwheeling was not only uncomfortable for the third wheel itself, but also for the couple it was wheeling around.

I grabbed a snack from one of the tables the houseleves were walking around with. Daisy, who was wearing
an oversized brown shirt with the word 'S.P.E.W' on it, winked at me and i winked back.

+

The moment you realize you're only eating food in a party is the moment you know that you are unsocial as fuck.

I had been eating these (delicious) chocolate muffins and cakes for a straight hour now - and I wasn't planning on stopping any time soon.

"Eletherya, what in Salazar's name are you doing?"

I looked up, my mouth full with a piece of chocolate cake which I quickly swallowed.

"How long have you exactly been eating ?", Malfoy asked, his face somewhere between amused, disgusted and unbelieving.

"About an hour.", I replied, shrugged when he didn't say anything and continued eating my cake.

Malfoy mumbled something about not gaining weight while not doing sports.

"I do gain weight ... but only if do a long term diet. Right now I just eat when and whatever I want." Why was I answering him? How much I ate and weighed was none of his buisness. 

He nodded. "Anyways, Eletherya, you should get to know Blaise Zabini, your ball partner. Follow me ... if you're done eating?"
I stood up, checked my face and teeth on the back of my spoon (no chocolate could be found) and proceeded to follow a fast pacing Malfoy, who lightly tapped on somebody's shoulder when we were about at the middle of the room.
The guy turned around. He was probably the prettiest boy I had ever seen. His skin was a tad darker than mine, he had shortly razed black hair, full lips and was even taller than Malfoy.

The guy held out his hand. "Blaise Zabini." I shook it. "Niela Eletherya." "I assume you have heard of my mother?", he asked. I shook my head. "No, unfortunately not."

Awkward silence. I started feeling bad for Zabini, but I simply did not know his mother.

He cleared his throat and then asked : "Do you have any experience in dancing?"
There had been that one prom in middle school were all ninth graders had to dance - I danced with Tom, since nobody wanted to ask me. "A bit", I answered. "I can do the basic steps of  waltz, Foxtrot, Cha cha and Salsa."
The boy nodded and asked me if I could follow new moves if he would incorporate them in the dance.
I nodded as a reply - Tom had, back then in 9th grade, forgottten that I was a beginner and made a bit more complicated moves - and I somehow managed to follow along.

Blaise  Zabini showed the hint of a smile and said: "I will see you tomorrow, then."

+

I left the party a bit earlier and got to bed, since the peaceful Christmas-ministry-business party had turned into a not so peaceful - dancing - business party. When then some person from the ministry had tried to get a connection to Hecate, I fled.

I guessed the people thought my mother and I had this super close mother-daughter relationship, but that was not the case. I never got to meet her.
Sighing, I picked up 'mankind's rarest abilities' and started reading.

The book was interesting and showcased abilities I had heard of - parseltongue - as well as abilities that were completely new to me like shape shifting eyes. The owner of these type of eyes could make them shift into cats eyes, dragon eyes, hawk eyes ... pretty cool, probably scary to watch.

I got halfway through the book before I fell asleep, still having found nothing about my fathers abilities and powers.

+

I woke up with two owls, chatting in owlish, on my bed. The taller owl I didn't know had intelligent yellow eyes and brown feathers with at times silver, at times blue tinted tips. I guessed this owls owner was a very proud Ravenclaw.

Agapi introduced me to the foreign owl. It's name was Master Erold, Luna Lovegood's owl, and he majestically stretched out his foot, so I could remove the letter. I gave Master Erold a snack, he nodded to me, screeched something to Agapi, and flew away.

I opened the letter.

'Niela', it said,
I am writing to you since I didn't make quite clear what I meant with 'tomorrow afternoon''. I mean 12:01, the first minute after noon. I hope we can meet then. Have you asked your guardian to accompany you yet?

Greetings and beware of Nargles in mistletoes.

Luna

I grinned and folded the letter, until I realized what Luna had empathized in the letter. I forgot to ask Alicia if she'd come with me - and I doubted she'd be easy to convince.