•십일•

Song: Jeremy Zucker; Comethru
Highly recommend listening to this ^^ song for this chapter!!

Wallahi: used as 'I swear to god' but more seriously.

"Saleha I swear to god I will kill you myself and throw your body into the Pacific Ocean if you don't stop slinging your arm around my shoulders and neck. You just ruined my scarf, what the hell is wrong with you!" I scream at Saleha.

She slowly removes her arm from me and quietly says, "angered much?"

"Dude Wallahi (in the name of Allah) I'm so mad at you gosh." I breathe out and close my eyes out of frustration. 

I swear to god if she brings up that my scarf is easy to do I wil-

"Your scarf is easy to fix dude. Mine is hard so don't you dare even touch mine." She says as she brings her arm around my shoulder again.

I bite my lips in anger, taking a hard blink and then I look over at her. "Do you want me to swear at you? You know I don't like swearing but you're honestly making me swear you ugly piece of sh." I glare at her, stopping myself from swearing.

We're walking through our school hallways, the morning tea bell has rung and we're heading over to history. It's Wednesday meaning we have no form class after our first break so we head straight to our third period class.

In New Zealand, high schools work differently. There's five periods a day, two breaks, the first is called 'morning tea' or 'recess' and the second is simply called 'lunch.' And we don't even call them high school, it's college.

Saleha and I unfortunately have only one class together. I know she's annoying as hell but we've grown up together so I clearly care for her and want to do things together with her, even if it's studying. Anyways, you can say one and a half since I take online korean in the library, it's an independent class but on fridays I have a video conference with my online class during lunch. And she takes health, which is right next to the library and her class usually works in the library too.

She starts laughing, her laugh echoes through the hallway and some students look over at us, probably thinking who's strange laugh it is that disturbed them from their daily dose of chatter.

Saleha's known for her laugh in this school, like literally. Her laugh is so loud and...unique if that's the word.

Also this idiot loves to laugh at me when I get angry because she says she "loves" the expressions I make when I'm angry.

"Shut up, you're making everyone look at us you idiot." I slightly nudge her in the stomach and she lets out a low growl.

We walk into our class together, with Saleha's arm linked with mine this time. Our history teacher, Mr Reid, tells us to quieten down, more likely to Saleha since he knows how loud she is. 

We take our usual seats at the four desk table at the back. We greet our friends, Sajida and Maya and sit down.

"You have thirty seconds left to do the do-now class. 29.." The teacher announces as he counts down.

"I swear Mr is a robot. How quick does he expect us to finish the do now." I say as I unzip my bag, getting my book and pencil case out.

The three laugh at me as Sajida places her hand on my arm, still laughing.

"I know right. We're not machines to work this fast."  She says as Saleha and Maya nod.

"Okay, this term we'll be working on Black Civil Rights and The Birmingham Campaign. Does anyone know anything about this topic?"
Mr Reid asks the class, one of the girls, who's extremely loud, puts her hand up.