•육•

"Hang in there everyone. Just one day left till school finishes for 2018. Don't forget, tomorrow is prize giving so be in your best behaviour and make sure you all are dressed appropriately as it is a formal event." My year level dean announces in the assembly hall.

Everyone cheers when she mentions that school finishes in a day, including myself.

"Hayden are you seriously on your phone right now?" I whisper to her, as she looks up at me from her phone.

"What? I didn't hear you?" She looks at me, questioning.

"I said are you seriously on your phone right now?" I repeat my words.

She removes her earphones and turns her phone off, "Yeah I was just texting my sister."

I nod, as I turn my face back towards the dean.

• • •

"You're so cute." Saleha says as she drags the word 'cute.'

"Ugh well you're so annoying. Get off me." I say in annoyance as I remove her arm away from my neck.

We're sitting in DIT class, also known as digital technology class. Our teacher isn't in class yet but we've already logged onto the computers.

"Guess who got tickets?" Joyce, who's my classmate in DIT says.

"No way, did you actually get tickets huh?" Sal says as she grabs Joyce's arm.

"Ah leave me alone you weirdo." Joyce screams as she slides back to her original place on her chair, away from Saleha.

Joyce is from the Philippines. She has short straight dark hair and wears glasses. She's very timid and is super sensitive towards Saleha and I, mainly towards Salena over me.

"Tell me!" Saleha asks again.

"No I was talking to Raihe not you. Go away!" She squeals.

I roll my eyes at their childish acts, a slip of a smile escaping my lips.

"So did you get tickets to the concert?" I ask Joyce as she focuses her attention to me.

"Yep! The tickets are selling out fast. I convinced my mum to buy me tickets, but I had to pay half of the ticket with my own money." She says looking me in the eyes. "Kate and Aliana are also going, but Sophie can't make it since her parents are out of the country and she doesn't have enough money to buy tickets." She exclaims as she crosses her arms over her chest.

"You guys are seriously so lucky. You got to watch their movie and now you get to see them performing live." I say, sighing as my shoulders slump down.

"Why are you not allowed again?"

"My family is strict and religiously I'm not really allowed either." I answer her question.

"Sad life for you." She turns around on her chair, as she types on the keyboard.

"So guess what I have for lunch today." Saleha butts in. I roll my eyes at her as I turn around and plug my earphones in.

• • •

I open the door to my house to see my dad lying down in the living room as he talks to my
mum who's in the kitchen.

"There were around four young men in my car and three other boys with someone that was around forty, they sat in the uber that was parked behind my car. They seemed like someone famous since they had people around them carrying their luggage for them and giving them water bottles every now and then." My dad says, but stops when he notices I'm home.

"Dodo! You're back. How'd your day go?" He says, using his nickname for me.

"Good. What were you talking about?" I ask as I put my schoolbag on the floor and lay next to him, still in my school uniform.

"I picked up some korean men yesterday from that huge hotel that's in the airport. They seemed nice and we talked a lot." My dad tells me as he looks back at me.

Korean men? Airport? And yesterday?

Realisation hits me when I connect everything my dad has said so far.

It can't be them, can it?

"Dad, did they tell you who they were?" I question him, sitting straight up.

"They just said they're from South Korea. I told them that my daughter is learning korean and she wants to go to Korea. They seemed very happy after I said that."

"Dad, you literally met BTS! They're the group I was talking to you about. Oh my god. Are you joking with me! Please tell me you're not lying." I push him around as he tries to take a sip of the cup of green tea in his hand.

"Astaghfirullah (I seek forgiveness in Allah [God]) why would I lie. I told them you like BS and they started laughing." He smiles as he looks at me from his glasses, something he does when he's trying to be funny.

"It's BTS not BS." I lightly smack his arm.

"Where did you take them?" I question.

"Just near your bus stop. It's the apartments on the main road."

With my mouth open and my heart beating fast, I get up and run upstairs, ready to inform my friends about what happened.

What a small world we live in

• • •

Updates coming in fast! Don't forget to vote!