Ben x Female Reader - Let me introduce you...

R E Q U E S T E D

AU where Ben didn't die (obviously).

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Remind me why I'm doing this again?" I mumbled and Diego nudged me.

"Because you're the best roommate in the world?" He dramatically gasped.
"Or because you don't want to upset me because it's clear that you're deeply in love with me!?"

"You wish." I scoffed, getting into my best friend's car.
"How's Eudora?"
Diego started up the engine and we began the short drive.

"Good, yeah, we're going out again next week." He grinned.

"Aww, look at you all happy and excited, you dork." I teased and a few minutes later we stopped outside of the restaurant.
"Right, so what's this dinner for?"

"Can't remember." Diego shrugged.
"Every few months, we get together and you know, don't ignore each other's existence? Anyway, Klaus and Ben don't usually come, Dad, Mom and Pogo aren't exactly invited and Allison is always too busy."

"Wait... so you're telling me I'm going to be stuck at a table where I'll only be able to talk to Vanya, because you and Luther will be brooding each other to death?" Diego sent me a playful glare.
"Great." I muttered sarcastically.

"Hey, it will be fun! Plus, you needed to get out. When was the last time you actually left the apartment, besides today?" I shrugged and he laughed.
"Come on." We walked inside and everything seemed perfectly normal, until Diego stopped.
"Oh God... They're all here."

"It won't be that bad, come on." I rolled my eyes and linked our arms. We walked over to the busy table and they all stopped to look at us. 

"Diego! Is that your girlfriend?" A man that was easily recognised as Klaus asked dramatically.
"She looks nothing like what you described her as." The curly haired man tilted his head.

"No, definitely not my girlfriend." He said, pulling a face.
"Ew. Let me introduce you to Y/N L/N, my roommate. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if she was deeply in love with me, who isn't?"

"I will kick your ass, I swear to God." I muttered.

"I'm Allison, that's Luther, Klaus, Ben and Vanya." The taller woman said.
"Why don't you sit with us girls whilst the boys talk?" She pointed at the empty seat between Vanya and Ben and I wordlessly sat down. Diego sat between Luther and Klaus and he already looked ready to leave.

"Hi, So you're Diego's roommate?" Vanya asked and I made polite conversation with both girls for a while, even though it was the opposite of what I wanted to do.
The boys were all arguing over something, except Ben, and Vanya and Allison has just started talking about some fashion thing I didn't really understand.

"Hi." I said, looking at Ben. He looked kind of surprised that I spoke to him.
"Sorry, I feel like I've kind of ignored you for the last 20 minutes."

"No- no, it's fine." He replied quietly and I gave him a small smile.

"Diego said you don't usually come to these dinners?" He shook his head no.
"That's understandable, I bet it can get a little chaotic with having 5 siblings?"

"Yeah, a little." He smiled and I felt butterflies explode in my chest.
Was it possible to form a crush on someone this fast?
He was just so cute.
"What about you?"

"Uh, no. No brothers or sisters, but Diego kind of steps in and acts the part sometimes." I shrugged and he laughed a little.

"He likes doing that, stepping in and playing big brother." Ben smiled fondly.
"The first few times he did it, Klaus and I thought he was just trying to 1-up Luther, but even when Luther wasn't there, we figured he was just a big softie." I giggled a little and looked at Diego, who was glaring at us.

"What are you two talking about?" He asked suspiciously.

"Nothing much, just that you're a big sweetheart under all that leather." I said, sticking my tongue out. Diego scoffed and the others laughed a little.

"You wish, Y/N." He said, crossing his arms. My phone buzzed and I looked at it as everyone went back to their conversations.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath.

"What's wrong?" Ben asked and I showed him my phone.
It was a text from my boss saying someone had called in sick and I had to go in.

"Sorry, I have to go." I said, frowning slightly.
"Looks like I'm working."

"Really? I thought it was your night off?" Diego pouted.
"Do you want a lift?"

"No, I'll be fine. I've got to go and get changed anyway." I stood up and Ben looked at me.

"Want me to walk with you? I don't mind." He said sweetly and the butterflies resurfaced.

"Don't you want to stay and... you know?" I asked and he stood up.

"No, I never come anyway." We left the restaurant and when we got halfway down the street, Ben stopped.
"You don't mind me walking with you, do you?" He asked nervously.

"No, not at all. Actually, I enjoy the company." I linked our arms and continued walking.
"I would have let Diego drive me, but I know for a fact he enjoys the little get togethers you all have. He hasn't shut up about it all week."

"I like the company too." Ben said.
"Plus, it's getting quite dark. I'd feel horrible if something had happened to you if I could of stopped it by walking with you."

"Aww, my knight with shining tentacles." I joked.

"You know about that?" He asked awkwardly and I nudged him.

"Yeah, but don't worry about it. Personally, I think you have the coolest abilities." I said honestly.

"Really?" His face lit up and I smiled.

"Yeah, and as a thanks for protecting me from the evils of the night, I am going to buy you a drink." A look of confusion washed over his face.

"What about work?"

"Oh, you adorable ball of innocence." I laughed.
"I'm a barmaid."