Diego x Female Reader - Dare

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Hey, sweetheart. Your ass is looking fine today." Diego smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Baby, my ass looks good every day." I sassed and Allison laughed, giving me a high five.

"God. You're still doing that?" Luther groaned.

"Doing what?" Five asked in confusion.

"Y/N and Diego have been taking part in a dare for almost 5 years. They're both 'players'. So we dared them to play a game." Allison grinned.
"They both have to constantly flirt with each other, act like a couple, kiss, but the first one to fall in love loses the dare. If Y/N loses, she has to give Diego her motorcycle. If Diego loses, she gets his favourite knife."

"It's childish." Luther sighed.

"So you're not actually a couple?!" Five practically yelled.
"Then what about the other morning when I walked in on you-?"

"Humans have their needs, Five." Diego smirked and Five shuddered.
"Nothing is off the table. Including casual sex."

"That's disgusting." Luther whined and I elbowed Diego.

"What?" He questioned and I left the room, heading towards the kitchen. Diego followed me.
"Aw, are you embarrassed, sweetheart? 'Cause I've got plenty more to say if you are. Like, I could talk about those cute little-"

"Keep your pretty little mouth shut, Diego." I said, feeling my cheeks burn. After flirting with someone for so long, you begin to like them, much to my dismay.
To lose the bet, I would have to fall in love with Diego.
Thankfully, I only have a very small, itsy-bitsy, tiny crush on him.
"Unless, you want me to tell Luther that you actually look up to him?"

"Watch what you're saying, Y/N." Diego practically growled, grabbing my arm and turning me to face him.
"Lying isn't going to end well for you. Especially since you'd have to get close to Luther for him to even believe it."

"Hmm, getting to know my fake-boyfriend's stronger, taller brother. You make it sound like a bad thing." I teased, seeing how it irritated Diego.
"I mean, he's not too bad to look at and I already know he's a big sweetheart."

"Fine." Diego said, a glint in his eyes I didn't quite recognise. He let go of my arm.
"You go and buddy up with Luther. I have a job to get back to anyway." He walked away and I frowned, not quite understanding what the Hell just happened.

"Five, what are you doing?" I sighed, walking into the kitchen.

"What does it look like?" He sassed, making a sandwich. I dropped down onto a chair.
"What's wrong? You were fine 5 minutes ago."

"It's stupid." I shook my head and he raised an eyebrow. Knowing lying to him would be useless, I didn't see much harm in telling him the truth.
"I like Diego. I don't love him, if I did I'd lose the bet. But, I don't know, he's been acting weird. Like, I just joked about getting to know Luther and he stormed off."

"Wow, you're an idiot." Five scoffed, sitting opposite me.

"Thanks." I rolled my eyes.

"No, I'm being serious. You're an idiot. Diego likes you back and he's just jealous. Everyone knows it." I scoffed.
"The way he looks at you, I've never seen him happier than when he's with you. Even when we were kids, he was serious and bitter, but with you, he can be himself."

"You're shitting me, right?" I asked and he groaned.

"Why is it so hard for you to believe that he likes you?" Five asked, almost raising his voice.

"Because I'm me." I replied simply.
"I don't come from a family of superheroes, I don't have any kind of power. Diego is this amazing guy with talent that I can't compare to. I'm just the orphaned girl who he tried to hook up with one time, but we ended up being friends. If you could even call it that." Five tilted his head, curiously.
"Mine and Diego's relationship is complicated. We act like we're together in front of people, we sleep together occasionally, but that's it. If anything, we're just using each other, as much as I hate it."

"Tell him everything you've just told me. Trust me, it will work out." Five teleported away, leaving me to sit in a mess of my own self pity.

Diego's P.O.V.

Yeah, I was jealous.
Jealous that this amazing, sweet, beautiful girl, was talking about Luther like that.
I managed to calm down pretty quickly and head back to the kitchen to apologise.

"Why is it so hard for you to believe that he likes you?" I heard Five ask, and I froze.

"Because I'm me." Y/N replied in a defeated tone. My chest felt tight as she explained everything. How she felt like she couldn't compare to me and she felt like we were just using each other.

"Tell him everything you've just told me. Trust me, it will work out." Five sighed, before I was suddenly pushed against the wall, a hand against my mouth and I looked at Five in surprise.
"Assuming you just heard most of that, I suggest you do something, before you lose her."

"What?" I hissed quietly, pushing him off of me.

"You heard how she feels. Do something about it whilst you still can."