Chapter 2

Bay of Gibraltar

Saturday, 30 August

13.35hrs

The cool breeze hit against our faces as we both stood at the end of the boat, alongside the other eight or so people, we leaned against the railing watching the dolphins swim around our boat at speed, jumping up in the air waving their tail fins in our direction as people snapped photos of the display.

'Mommy, mommy, there's one!' cried a little boy pointing outwards.

His parents cheered as they took pictures with their cameras of the marvellous creatures in their habitat.

I looked over at the child and his parents and I felt a sense of joy take over as I imagined in the future one day taking little Nahla out here on the Dolphin Safari, allowing her to experience the beauty of life and see her cheers of joy at the sight before her.

There were so many great expectations and plans I had for our baby, I just couldn't wait for the day to finally meet her.

'Kyle?' said a gentle voice, snapping me out of my daydreams.

I turned over at Fatima who was chuckling at me.

'Huh?'

'You looked like you were in a trance,' she said.

I snorted.

'I was just thinking about how good you look today,' I said, very obviously lying through my teeth.

'Really? Is that why you were looking in the complete opposite direction of me?' Fatima said very smugly.

I rolled my eyes with a smile.

I wasn't lying though about how elegant she looks today in her stylish blue and golden Kaftan dress sporting her silky violet Hijab, along with her glasses which I noticed she now permanently wore on her face.

I definitely thought she looked wonderful in them and I think that's why she wore them with me now.

'So what were you thinking about?' she asked, always eager to know what's on my mind – she might as well own your mind at this point.

'I was thinking one day in the future we bring Nahla out here,' I said placing my hand over Fatima's womb.

She looked at her belly with a smile before looking up at me again.

'I would definitely love that.'

'Shall we take a picture together?' I suggested.

With a nod Fatima pulled out her mobile from her bag and set the camera mode to selfie.

She stood beside me leaning against the right side of my chest whilst I wrapped my right arm around her and held her close. We stood against the railing to get the sea and sunshine in the background and after putting that beautiful smile I love so much about her, Fatima snapped the photo.

'Take another one,' I quickly said leaning in closer to her face until our cheeks touched.

'OK', she said snapping another photo.

'And...' I said moving my face up to hers until she automatically turned towards me.

Our lips met and she closed her eyes, taking in the long passionate kiss. I almost thought she had forgotten about the photo until I eventually heard the snap of her mobile capture the moment – and even after the camera snapped, we kept the kiss going on longer.

I pulled my head back but Fatima instantly moved in for another quick peck on my lips. I giggled at her.

'What was that for?' I asked.