CHAPTER 64: I'M GOING TO TELL HIM

Meanwhile at Evelyn's house......

Evelyn's p.o.v

Normally when a teen has free time he or she will most probably seize this as a chance to relax, do whatever they want, have fun, reward themselves or the more boring least likely things they'd do is study or finish up a project or something.

Right now I was researching a very important and complex topic on my laptop. What is said topic?

Math? No. History? Nope. Literature? I wish. Science, Physics, Chemistry? Nada...okay maybe it has a tiny bit of chemistry involved.

Displayed on my laptop's screen were links and links of info from different websites about........

Crushes.

Yes, I- Evelyn Lila Nakadai, the one who has never given a single damn about romantic relationships and dating and boyfriends is currently sitting in her room and staring at mother loads of info on the topics I have just mentioned.

Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not about to go all.....girly girl and begin to fantasize my future where I marry some celebrity or American heart throb and get a job or become a housewife then have children and names prepared for said children already and that I'll live in some dainty dollhouse somewhere over the rainbow.

No. Nuh-uh. Nope. Ie. Non. Nu. Mei you.

(A/N: The following is 'no' in different languages. Ie- Japanese. Non- French. Nu- Romanian. Mei you- Chinese.)

Alright, I'll admit that like any other child, yes, I do occasionally dream about my future and fantasize. However, in said dream future I've never imagined myself as one who would become a princess and ride a unicorn and marry Prince Charming. No.

That was another thing that set me apart from the other girls and frankly, it was also what made me stood out a bit. It also dubbed me the 'tomboy' among the girls.

In my future dreams, I always imagined myself yes, in a Fantasy world but in said world I'm not a princess or some damsel in distress. No, in that world I'm the hero. I'm the adventurer, I'm the one valiantly travelling from one mystic land to another, and I'm the one facing the dangers head on.

And yes, my imagination was quite....wild, creative and unique as the teachers put it so yeah, I also imagined myself as an astronaut or a space adventurer.....and a Jedi Master once.

Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Sorry getting off topic. Anyways as I grew up and took up gymnastics and Taekwondo- my 'dream future' changed.

I imagined myself becoming a Taekwondo master and opening my own dojo; Or joining the Olympics in either gymnastics or Taekwondo or even both; And if those two ideas went down the drain then maybe I could even become a musician like Miko. Then I could retire with a good few medals and trophies and maybe even actually get married and settle down in a nice house.

But.....life threw me curve balls.

Next thing I knew, my brother and I were being sent to Jasper, Nevada- a town that seemed to literally be in the middle of nowhere.

Okay, scratch that. Technically it is in the middle of nowhere all things considered.

Looking back, I realized how I had taken everything so lightly, how I had taken all that's happened for granted in a way. Yes, I was devastated after Grandpa's passing- I still am honestly and that's an issue I did not take lightly and never will- but when I found out my brother and I were coming here, I hadn't thought much of it.