CHAPTER 23: 1ST RELIC HUNT, SMOKESCREEN VS BREAKDOWN

As Breakdown tackled Smokescreen, the Autobot gasped. In human terms, it was like getting hit by a bus. As he roughly tumbled down the cliff, his audio receptors vaguely heard Evelyn call out to him but it was overpowered by the sounds of metal against sand and rock as he tumbled down in a tangle with Breakdown.

The Decepticon used his massive body size to his advantage and pinned Smokescreen under him. Smokescreen tried to get him off but his pedes were pinned under Breakdown's massive body and one of his servos was being painfully pinned under his knee. Only his right servo was free.

Breakdown raised a servo which transformed into a big aft hammer. Smokescreen's optics widened and he activated his blade. He brought his only free servo up just in time to ward off the blow.

To Smokescreen, it felt like a house was being dropped on him. He grunted as he felt the impact of the massive blow jarring his entire servo up to his shoulder.

'Scrap! He's stronger than I thought!' Smokescreen thought. He gritted his dental plates and once again braced himself for the next blow that followed.

On the third blow, he felt a circuit in his servo break. On the fourth, his blade cracked. On the fifth, Breakdown slammed his hammer sideways and the blade, the only thing giving Smokescreen any form of defense against the powerful blows, was smacked away.

Smokescreen turned his helm around and the hammer slammed against the side of it, sending a wave of dark pixels around Smokescreen's optics and his audio receptors ringing.

Still, despite his lack of experience, he's taken his fair share of heavy hits back at the academy and on Earth. Through the ringing in his audio receptors, he picked up what Breakdown was saying.

"Pity I got the rookie instead of Bulkhead, he would've put up more of a challenge, would've actually been nice to beat up. Oh well, guess I'll have to settle for the fleshy after this." He taunted.

Smokescreen gritted his dental plates and managed to get his other servo out from under the pin. He transformed it into an energon blaster. "Like he!l you will!" Smokescreen snapped and aimed at his exposed faceplate. He fired at Breakdown's faceplate point blank.

The Decepticon's helm reared back in surprise and after three more shots, Smokescreen managed to free his pedes and kick Breakdown off. He got to his pedes and backed away to put some distance between them.

'Frag, he's strong. I don't stand a chance against him head on. I'm goanna have to try something else.' Smokescreen thought. He transformed both servos into blasters and began to fire at Breakdown.

Some of his shots hit but they barely even dented his body. "So you wanna have a shootout eh? Why not?" Breakdown said and activated his shoulder cannon.

Smokescreen sprung back to avoid a blast and had to run and shoot to avoid others. He ducked behind a pillar for cover and to regain his breath.

He shook his helm. The ringing in his audio receptors have subsided somewhat but the side of his helm hurt. It felt like someone was pounding on his processor with a hammer.

But then his training kicked in. Right now, he needed a plan. His best weapons right now were his wits, speed and cunning.

'I gotta get Eve and retreat. Then hopefully we can call for backup.' He thought. Smokescreen felt a bit more confident now that he had a plan.

He peeked out only to duck as a piece of debris went sailing over his helm by inches. Debris went flying all around him and some crashed just inches away from him. Some slammed into the pillar he was leaning against, making his back shake at the impact.