CHAPTER 1: NICE TO SEE YOU CUZ!

"Are we there yet?" Evelyn asked. 

"No." Edward replied. 

Twenty seconds later. "Are we there yet?" 

"No." 

Thirty seconds this time. "Are we there yet?"

 Edward took a deep breath. "No." He said. 

Forty seconds. "Are we there yet?" 

Edward gritted his teeth. This was getting annoying. He wasn't sure of she was intentionally doing so because of that. "Not since the last time you asked." 

Forty seconds pass again. "Are we-" "We. Are. Not. There. Yet!" Edward said as he snapped his head around to glare at his sister from the front seat.

She put her hands up in a defensive gesture. "Ok ok, god, I think you need a chill pill more than Nana Tina." Evelyn said. 

Edward counted to ten. Then twenty. Then thirty. Then forty. Then fifty......nothing. Oh thank heavens.

"How much longer till we're there?" Nevermind. At least it wasn't the same phrase. 

"Another 10 minutes tops. Now can you please stop asking?" Edward said giving her a satisfactory answer for once. 

"Ok." She said before turning back to her list of music on her iPod screen.

Soon the taxi parked in front of a 2 storey house that had a nice orange roof and a small vegetable garden giving it a homey yet quaint appearance. Edward paid the taxi driver and got off with Evelyn.

Edward's p.o.v

I rang the doorbell and waited. "Coming!" a voice said. The door opened to reveal a woman in her 40s with brunette hair like my sister and I but a lighter shade. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and she had brown eyes like Evelyn and I and wore a chequered violet flannel shirt and a pair of black jeans. It was our mother's sister aka our aunt, Aunt Selina. She saw us and her face lit up. The next thing I knew was that Evelyn and I were in a bear hug.

"Edward, Evelyn it's so good to see you again! It's been too long!" she said delightedly, her British accent was gone due to all the years she's spent in America. I was surprised at the strength she had seeing as to how she was literally squeezing the life out of me and my sister. Ok, bloody hell she's strong!

"Good....to see...you..too...Aunt..." Evelyn managed to croak out. 

"We can't....breathe." I gasped. Ok, now there were black spots dancing in my vision and I'm pretty sure they aren't insects.

She then released us and I breathed in the oh so sweet air. I briefly checked to see if any of my ribs were cracked. Nope, still good. Damn, she could put those American wrestlers to shame.

"Sorry about that, I got caught in the moment." Aunt Selina apologized. 

"It's cool Auntie." I reassured her. 

She looked at me and Evelyn and put a hand on each of our shoulders. "Look at you two, you've both grown so much since the last time I saw you." That's what she always said, even though it isn't true. We talked over Skype 3 months ago but then again, I doubt she cares.

"Come in, come in. I've already prepared your rooms. Have you eaten yet?" she asked as she ushered us in. 

"Not yet." Evelyn admitted. As she said this our stomachs growled.

"Don't worry, once you've washed up and settled in a bit we can head over to a nice cafe that's not far from here for some snacks." Aunt Selina said.