CHAPTER 16

A/N: PS readers, "----------" is Eve and Smokescreen singing. I also do not own the following pictures. They belong to their rightful owners/artists.

Evelyn's p.o.v

I yawned and slammed my fist down on my alarm to turn it off, only to realize I managed to beat it this time. Yes. I woke up earlier today to get a head start. If Ed finds my bike still in the garage he might question it so the plan was to leave a note and say that I left earlier because I decided to walk to school today instead.

I quickly did my usual morning routine and after tying the sweatshirt around my waist, I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. I made myself a chicken sandwich and ate it with a glass of orange juice and an apple. Hey, it's healthy. An apple a day keeps the doctor away as my mother would always say. Hey, that rhythms.

I left a note on the fridge for Ed and Aunt Selina.

Dear Ed/Aunt,

I decided to walk to school today since the weather seemed nice and left early. Don't worry. I'll be coming home at the same time as last night since I have to attend a Sci-Fi Club meeting. See ya later, have a nice day.

-Eve :D

I opened the door and to my surprise, saw Smokescreen already there on road in front of my home. "Morning. Never took you for an early riser." Smokes said.

"Good morning, Smokes. I could say the same to you, sleep well?" I asked him as I got inside.

"I only took a couple of quick recharges." He said.

"Recharges? Is that what you guys call sleep?" I asked him.

"Yeah." Smokes said. "The doc already sent me the coordinates to your school, just sit back and enjoy the ride. This'll be a breeze."

"Wanna listen to some songs to liven things up?" I asked taking my iPod out.

"Why not?" Smokes said. I linked my iPod up to his radio via Bluetooth and scrolled through the list of songs I had.

"Hm....nope, nah heard it too many times, no, nah, nu-uh.....too sad....too loud....ah! Perfect!" I said and pressed 'Fall Out Boy-Immortals'.

I bopped my head and tapped my fingers along with the tune as the song played. "Wow, you've got good taste!" Smokes said.

"Thanks. I can send these songs to you if you want." I said.

"Yes, please!" Smokes said.

Soon the two of us sang along to the song.

"They say we are what we are,
But we don't have to be,
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way,
I'll be the watcher (watcher) of the eternal flame,
I'll be the guard dog of all your favorite dreams,

(Ooh)

I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass (glass, glass)
(Ooh)
I try to picture me without you but I can't

'Cause we could be immortals, immortals
Just not for long, for long,
And live with me forever now,
You pull the blackout curtains down,
Just not for long, for long,
We could be immor- immortals,
Immor- immortals,
Immor- immortals,
Immor- immortals,

Sometimes the only pay off for having any faith,
Is when it's tested again and again everyday,
I'm still comparing your past to my future,
It might be your wound but they're my sutures,
(Ooh)
I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass (glass, glass)
(Ooh)
I try to picture me without you but I can't