CHAPTER 22: 1ST RELIC HUNT, ONWARD TO EGYPT!

Evelyn's p.o.v

It's been one month and a week since I've known the Autobots and thankfully, after the 'unintentional Miko' thing, no more Mikos have been pulled.

I'm glad that while it was dangerous, at least Miko's learned her lesson. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to pull one myself.

I mean, for all the danger and risks there was also the thrill and excitement of it all. I'm itching for some sort of adventure. Sure, sometimes Smokes let me tag along when he goes for patrol but that's so boring.

I might need some form of adventure soon before I go mad again.

The sound of a stack of papers slamming on the teacher's desk snapped me out of my daydreaming. "Okay class, today I'll be handing out your results from last week's History test." The teacher said.

As the papers were passed, I prayed and crossed my fingers that my results were satisfactory. I opened my eyes and saw a big 'B+' on my test paper. I released a breath of relief.

Okay, so maybe I didn't always know when which war happened when or who were the soldiers that played a part in it but I was at least decent.

Soon the bell rang signalling the end of school but before I could leave, my History teacher, Miss Louis called me aside and said she wanted to have a quick word with me.

I mentally ran through the past week and couldn't remember doing anything wrong so I decided to just suck it up and get it over with.

"You wanted to speak with me, Miss Louis?" I asked. Miss Louis tucked a stray strand of her blonde hair behind her ear and adjusted her purple framed glasses.

"Yes, Miss Evelyn. Don't worry, I assure you that you're not here because you're in trouble." She said. Phew, that's good to know. "It's your cousin, Miko that's the trouble here." Nevermind.

"Miko? What'd she do?" I asked.

"Well, to put it frankly, her grades are horrible." No surprise there. "She's barely passing and I'm afraid that if she keeps flunking, it could affect her future. You're her cousin, I know that the two of you are close so please, I hope you can try to find some way to help her." Miss Louis said.

Wow, never thought I'd live to see a teacher who'd actually care about Miko's grades. Most of them just give up.

"I'll see what I can do, miss. Anything else?" I asked.

"Oh, yes. I thought I'd let you hear about this extra credit assignment. I know your grades are decent but I figured you might be interested." She said. I was.

I wasn't a History geek but depending on the subject, I won't deny that it sometimes intrigues me too.

"What is it about?" I asked.

"Ancient Egypt." She said and handed me a piece of paper. "You can find out more here. The deadline's next week."

"Okay, thanks Miss Louis." I said. Among all the teachers in Memorial High, Miss Louis was admittedly my favourite.

She was patient and unlike the other teachers, actually give a damn about the students and don't yell or nag or complain or anything.

Pity she's only goanna teach in my class for a few more months. She's actually a substitute teacher. My old teacher, Miss Bri-something, I forgot her name, got into a nasty accident that sprained her neck and broke her leg so she's on leave for a while.