CHAPTER 15: INTO THE LOOP, PART THREE, GETTING TO KNOW MY GUARDIAN

Evelyn's p.o.v

This was the best day of my life! I laughed in delight as Smokescreen rolled the windows down, allowing the wind to blow through my hair.

"Woohoo!" I whooped as we drove up a hill.

"Down we go!" Smokescreen said and my head was once again pushed back against the headrest as we zoomed down the hill. "U turn!" he said and did a perfect handbrake turn before going back onto the road.

"This is spectacular!" I said. It truly was. It was amazing. I loved this feeling; it felt as though it was calm and safe yet exhilarating and fun at the same time. It was almost better than gymnastics.....okay it was as awesome as gymnastics.

I felt like I was on top of the world, that anything was possible. I wished I could've just stayed like this forever.

"Should I slow down?" Smokescreen asked.

"Tired already?" I teased.

"Who said I was?" with that his speed increased a tad bit more and I once again released a whoop of joy. The gauge couldn't go any higher and showed that it was already at the very limit.

Unfortunately, we ran out of road after a while. "Looks like we're goanna have to stop soon." I said sadly.

"If we can't drive on the road, what stopping us from going off?" he said with a mischievous tone. I smirked and soon he swerved off the road and we were driving on the rocky sandy terrain of the desserts of Jasper, Nevada.

After doing a couple more tricks and stunts, Smokescreen drove up a hill and stopped at the top near a cliff. 

He opened the door and I took my flute case which was on the seat beside me and stepped out of the car

I put my hands on my knees as I bent over a bit while regaining my breath. My cheeks were slightly flushed from the sheer excitement of what just happened but a wide smile was spread across my face.

"That was the very definition of fun and awesome." I said.

"Slag yeah!" Smokescreen cheered. "Nothing like a good old drive to lift your spirits, huh?"

"I fully agree, you're quite the ace at driving." I said.

"Thanks." He said. "You might want to stand back."

I took a few steps back to give him room to transform. I watched in awe as he transformed back into his original giant alien robot form. Sure, I saw it earlier back at the base but I only caught a glimpse of it and I was still in too much shock back then. Now I got to see it up close in front of my very eyes.