Chapter 30: Shock

Cameron's POV 

"It's been two weeks, Nash. What if she never wakes up?" I sighed, looking over at Emelia sleeping peacefully. 

Nash stood silent, his hand resting through his disheveled hair. I shook my head, bouncing my leg up and down for the thousandth time today. 

Nash and I just got back from some work I had to go to another state and I had hoped she would've woken up by then but she didn't. It's been two weeks and not even a small movement; a finger twitch, an eye twitch, deep breath, nothing. I've prayed everyday and every night for Emelia, hoping she'd wake up soon.

I just wanted to see her beautiful eyes, her mesmerizing smile, hear her adorable laugh and hear my name fall from her lips. The one thing I wanted to do the most was kiss her and have her kiss me back. 

-

Later that evening 

I felt something underneath my face that laid on the edge of Emelia's hospital bed move slightly. I guess I had fell asleep while laying there. I haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks. 

I grunted softy and lifted my head, squinting my eyes to adjust to the bright light above her bed. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms out, cracking my back a little. 

I looked over at Emelia, nothing's changed. I sighed softly and caressed her face, pushing her hair out of her face. I stood up and leaned down, planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Please wake up, I miss you." I whispered, my voice cracking slightly.

I clenched and unclenched my jaw a few times, examining her face. I was taken back when I saw her eyes move underneath her eyelid. I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head, I was probably just imagining it. 

I licked my slightly dry lips and sat back down, holding onto her hand tightly. I intertwined our fingers together, rubbing my thumb over her slightly rough skin. I closed my eyes and leaned my back down on the uncomfortable chair, stretching my legs out. 

I felt a faint squeeze on my hand, making me sit up and my eyes shoot open . I lowered my eyebrows in confusion, paying attention to her hand. I raised my eyes up to hers, seeing her eyes move around rapidly.

"Emelia?" I questioned, holding her face.

A few minutes later, Emelia shot up and gasped loudly like she was gasping for air. Her head moved around the room as she searched her surroundings, yanking wires off of her chest and arms making one of the monitors beep rapidly while her heart monitor increased in beeps.

"Emelia, calm down!" I shouted, grabbing her arm and pushing her back down.

She started to cry hysterically, her body shaking irregularly. A team of nurses rushed through the room, pushing me towards the door as they worked on calming her down. I ran my hand through my hair, pacing back and forth.

"Cameron!" She cried out while the nurses pushed her back on the bed.

"I'm right here Emelia, just calm down! I'm not going anywhere!" I reassured her.

-

An hour later 

"Why'd she flip out the way she did earlier?" I asked Doctor Santiago, leaning my elbows on my knees.

He wrote something down on his clipboard full of papers, "Has she gone through anything traumatic lately?" He asked.

I laughed sarcastically, "She's been through a lot of traumatic things in her life. She recently came in contact with her abusive step father and mom who let it happen and was able to meet her little sister who didn't even know about her." I explained.