Chapter 28: Free?

I closed my car door shut, locking it behind me as I made my way up the stairs to my moms house. I was anxious to find out what was so "important" that they called me four times incessantly. I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of nervous. The worry in her voice made me think the worse. All I needed to know was if Emery was okay, that was my top priority.

I pulled my maroon cardigan over my black v-neck tighter after knocking on the door three times. I checked my phone, seeing I had a message from Cameron. Just as I went to open it, the door flung open.

"Emelia," my mom breathed as if she was in relief.

I furrowed my eyes, confused as to why she was acting so weird, "Yeah what's up?" I asked

"Come in, come in," she moved to the side, giving me room to walk in.

"What's going on?" I asked tentatively.

She sighed as she closed the door, "Nothing, it's just.." she trailed off

"Just what?" I asked sternly.

"We had a argument." She bit her lip

I balled my hands up in a fist and exhaled loudly, "Did he hit you?"

She shook her head, "No, no. He just knocked some things down that's all."

"Where's Emery?' I asked kind of frantically as I looked around the living room for her.

"Calm down, she's at a play-date down the street." My mom reassured me

I ran my hands through my hair, "You need to leave him!" I exclaimed, "He may not have hit you this time but what about next time?!"

"Emelia, please. I don't need you yelling at me too." She covered her face.

"Then leave him and you won't have to hear it." I growled

"What about Emery? She needs a father in her life."

I scoffed. "You kicked my father out my life and I'm doing just fine."

"Emelia.."

"No! I'm so sick of that "she needs a father in her life" bullshit but yet you didn't care about me having one." I shouted.

"You had a father.." She muttered

"That asshole was never my father and never will be!" I said through gritted teeth.

My mom sighed, "Well what do you want me to do Emelia? I can't change the damn past!"

I shook my head in disbelief, "Why did you even call me here?! To piss me off?"

"I called you here because I thought I could have a civil conversation with my daughter."

"Oh so now I'm your daughter," I scoffed and backed away.

"Why can't you just move on Emelia?!" My mom shouted.

"Don't you think I tried! I tried to forget everything that happened to me but I couldn't! You guys fucking traumatized me.." I seethed, my voice cracking slightly.

My mom stayed silent, looking down at the ground.

"You don't care, you never did." I hissed.

"Emelia.."

I cut her off, "No fuck this, I'm outta here."

I stormed out the house slamming the door behind me, running down the stairs and immediately unlocking my car and hopping inside. My heart was racing and all I felt like doing was screaming. I punched the steering wheel repeatedly before starting the car and speeding off.

I couldn't believe she had the audacity to say the things she did. The fact that she took my father away from me due to her wrongful acts will never be forgiven. My father was the only good thing in my life but he left and I honestly don't blame him.

My mind was racing and my anger was rising. Tears began to form in my eyes and no matter how hard I fought it, they came pouring down. They weren't just sad tears, they were anger tears.

I wasn't even paying attention to where I was driving. The last thing I remember is the sound of incessant car horns and people yelling, my car flipping and a numbing pain.

It was like everything went in slow motion. The car rolling over a few times, the glass shattering all around me, cars screeching and coming to a halt and people yelling in horror.

I could feel the blood rushing down my face, I didn't know where I was coming but I knew it was flowing out.

It's said that when you're in a near-death experience your life flashes before your eyes but that never happened to me. I couldn't stop thinking. I couldn't help but think about Emery and Cameron.

What if this was my last moments alive and I'd never see him again?

But then again I was so tired of being angry and upset....maybe this was what I wanted..

Maybe I was free