Chapter 15: Bliss

Sweat formed on my forehead as my body shook rapidly, my chest rising and falling quickly as I tried to gain my breath. I hugged my knees tight against my chest while the tears spilled down my cheeks. My lip quivered as I tried to hold back more tears, a burning feeling forming in my chest.

Another flashback/nightmare, that makes six nights in a row, two a day. I thought I was getting better, I thought this was finally ending. I went a whole week without with them but they started back up a couple days ago. These flashbacks were so vivid it left me shaken up for hours.

They started back up once Cameron became extremely busy and we didn't talk as much. Then, he had left for NYC and just came back yesterday night. As much as I wanted to talk to him, I didn't wanna be a bother.

I hated this, it's like he had me wrapped around his finger without even trying. I wouldn't say I was in love with him but he did help me a lot. His presence was so warming and cordial. I hated it but loved it all at the same time.

I was taken out my thoughts by the sound of my phone ringing loudly on my nightstand. I lifted my head from my knees, moving my hair out my hair in the process. I reached over and grabbed it, sliding to answer it.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered in hushed tones.

"Emelia! How are you?" Cameron's enthusiastic voice rang through the speaker.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips, "Cameron.." I whispered.

"Is everything alright?" He asked a little apprehensive.

"Y-Yeah," I lied, "I just missed you."

"I missed you too. I'd say let's go out somewhere but I feel horrible." He sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked perturbed.

"Food poisoning." He moaned.

"Man, that's sucks." I lowered my head.

"You have no idea," he chuckled a little, "You can still come over though if you don't mind just laying around."

A smile spread across my lips, "I don't mind at all."

I closed my car door, pressing the button on my keys to lock the doors. I fixed my black loose muscle tank, tucking the front of it into my ripped skinny jeans. I took a deep breath then walked up to his front door, knocking a rhythmic three times.

I tapped my black and white high top converse on the ground a couple times, I was nervous but I had no idea why. As I lowered my head, my wavy hair falling over my face and covering my silver aviator sunglasses. The door opening made me lift my head quickly, meeting the eyes of Matt.

"Can I help you?" He asked confused.

"I'm here for Cameron.." I answered.

Matt raised his eyebrows, "Emelia?"

I nodded, "Yeah.." I trailed off

"Wow, you look great!" He smiled, his eyes examining me from head to toe, "Come in." He stood to the side and let me in.

"It's nice to see you again, how've you been?" He asked, closing the door behind me and walking into the living room besides me.

"I've been okay." I answered shyly.

"That's good, well Cam's upstairs in his room." He pointed to the stairs, walking into the kitchen.

I nodded, taking my sunglasses of and hanging them on my shirt as I made my way up the stairs. His bedroom door was slightly opened so I knocked on it.

"Yeah?" His voice asked.

"It's Emelia," I said, resting my hand on the door knob, "can I come in?" I asked.