Chapter 24: Decisions

The sun was shining brightly through the window, you can see dust particles flying around the air. Cameron slept peacefully next to me, wrapped completely in his covers on his stomach. I hadn't been to sleep since I woke up at 6am, I couldn't sleep at all. My thoughts were racing about so many different things, my head was pounding thanks to my migraine.

Ever since Cameron suggested talking to my mother, it hasn't left my mind. There were so many questions filling my head.

Would it resolve anything?

Would it make it worse?

Or would it not do anything?

If I did ever actually talk to her, what would I say? Just thinking about all the shit she let happen to me made me angry. I was her only child at the time and she just let that piece of shit hurt me in every possible way. All she cared about was herself and getting drunk. There were so many things she could've done to help me but she just stood there, watching.

I could feel my breathing getting heavier and more unsteady and my eyes sting of tears. I grabbed the covers and gingerly swung them off my legs do I didn't wake up Cameron and slid out the bed, walking into the bathroom and closing the door.

I looked up in the mirror, trying to catch my breath. My hair was disheveled and my eyes were a light red. My chest was rising and falling rapidly as my body began to shake. Tears fell down my cheeks almost like they were racing. I leaned my back against the wall, sliding down as I let the tears flow.

"Emelia?" Cameron knocked on the bathroom door minutes later.

I sucked in a sharp inhale and wiped my tears, "Y-Yeah?" My voice croaked.

He opened the door and once he saw me, he raced over and engulfed me in his arms. He rocked me back and forth, pulling me into his lap. He whispered a bunch of 'it's okay' and shushed me.

"What's wrong?" He finally asked, kissing my forehead.

"I can't stop thinking." I murmured, my voice shaky.

He caressed my hair, "Thinking about what, babe?" He questioned.

"My mom." I sighed, lifting up and wiping my tears.

Cameron nodded slowly, "Emelia.."

"I think I need to talk to her." I blurted out.

Cameron raised his eyebrows and his eyes widen, "Really?" He asked in shock.

I nodded, "Maybe it'll help, maybe it won't. But I can't take another day knowing I didn't even try." I explained.

Cameron nodded, "I'll be right there with you."

I gave him a soft smile, "I haven't slept since 6" I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder. My eyes were heavy, my head was throbbing and my body felt completely weak.

Cameron grabbed me and picked me up, "Well we're gonna change that right now."

"But what about seeing my mom? I wanna do it today."

He laid me down on the bed, "We can, it's only 11. I'll wake you up in three hours but for now you need to sleep." He tucked me in.

I sighed, "Fine, but under one condition."

"What?" He asked, brushing hair out my face.

I patted the spot next to me, "Lay with me until I fall asleep." I begged.

Cameron chuckled and got in the bed, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist while pulling me into his chest.

"Thank you." I whispered, holding him closely.

"For what?" He asked, running his hands through my hair.

"Everything."