Chapter 18: Shocking

"I wish I didn't have to leave you this weekend." Cameron sighed, wrapping his arms around my shoulder, pulling me closer against his chest.

"It's alright, you have a job and I knew that when I met you. I'll be fine." I assured him, reclining my head back onto his shoulder.

Cameron and I were at the beach, it was early in the morning. Possibly 5am, maybe 6, and the sun was just beginning to rise. The beach was desolate and quiet, the only noise was the waves crashing onto the sand, the birds chirping and our steady breathing. He called me and asked me to meet him here, he told me he just wanted to spend the entire day with me.

Cameron was leaving for New York this weekend and he had tried to get me to come with him, pleading and begging so I wouldn't be alone. He was a little scared for me, It was obvious. My nightmares were still frequent and breathtakingly frightening. Mrs. Monroe wasn't helping me and it was pretty clear that I was going to have to deal with this by myself.

"I want you to be with me." He whined, placing little kisses on my shoulder before resting his face in the crook of my neck.

"I don't wanna be a distraction." I confessed, looking down at our interlocked hands.

"You wouldn't be a distraction, Emelia." He chuckled.

"Yes I would, plus you have things to do and I don't wanna be trotting behind you and standing off awkwardly to the side." I shook my head, pursing my lips to the side.

"You wouldn't be trotting behind me you'd be right beside me, all my fans know about you anyway." He tried to assured me but it wasn't working.

A picture of Cameron and I walking along the beach with his arm around my shoulder had leaked and eventually the fans found out my twitter and it's been nonsense ever since. My mentions were flooded with both nice and mean messages and I gained more than 10k followers. I didn't want this but it happened and there's nothing I can do.

"My twitter has completely exploded, I haven't been on it in a week." I laughed, biting the inside of my bottom lip.

"I'm sorry about the mean things said to you." He apologized, rubbing my hands comfortingly.

I shrugged, "I'm used to it I guess." I replied, looking out at the sun rising behind the ocean, the water glistening. It was beautiful.

Cameron groaned, "Don't say that, you make me feel worse about it."

"Sorry."

He shook his head, "It's not your fault, it's gonna get better I promise. I mean they have no reason to hate on you because we're not dating, we're just..." He trailed off with a pause, trying to find a word to describe us.

"You're just helping me as a friend." I finished his sentence.

"Yeah, as a friend." He nodded in agreement.

We sat there for at-least two more hours just talking and laughing and smiling. I've never smiled so much in my life, this boy knew what to do to make me smile. The more I'm around him, the more comfortable I become with him. I've known him for two months, almost three and I feel attached to him.

He makes me comfortable and he makes me smile. I've been through a lot of shit in my life but when I'm with him nothing else matters. I'm catching feelings for him and I don't know if the feeling is mutual or if he's only dealing with me out of remorse.

"Come on, let's go get some breakfast." Cameron stands up, pulling me up with him.

He grabs the baby blue blanket, folds it and tucks it under his arm. Cameron walked me to my jeep, making sure I got there safely even though there was no way I could get hurt. He opened the door for me and I climbed inside and buckled in.