Chapter 33: Big Question

Cameron's POV

- Four Months Later -

As I watched Emelia and Emery run around the park playing tag, I couldn't help but smile. Her smile was beautiful and lit up her whole face and her laugh was like music to my ears - even though she hated it.

I loved to see her smile. It broke my heart seeing her cry so many times and seeing her struggle with her past so to see her smile made me smile.

I leaned against the huge oak tree with my husky Jaxx, relaxing in the shade. It was a beautiful warm day in Cali - 90 degrees, baby blue sky with little to no clouds out, the sun beating down on us.

"Cam!" Emery shouted, running towards me and falling into my arms, "she's trying to get me, hide me!" She exclaimed with a giggle as she covered herself with my arms.

Emelia ran over and laughed, "Oh Cameron, have you happened to see my darling sister around?" She spoke with a fake British voice, a playful grin on her face while she held her wrist behind her back.

I shrugged, "Sorry I have not." I played along, making Emery faintly giggle.

"Oh really?" Emelia smiled and squatted down, "Then who is this?!" She exclaimed, attacking Emery with tickles causing her to squeal with laughter.

Emelia finally stopped and smiled, plopped down between my legs and sighing, petting Jaxx on the head.

"It's such a beautiful day." She looked up at the sky with a smile, squinting and shielding her eyes from the beaming sun.

"Yeah," I grinned at her, "it is."

She looked over at me and blushed, looking down at the grass beneath us and began picking at it.

"Babe," I called for her attention, letting Emery play with Jaxx.

"Yes?" She dragged out, turning her head slightly to look at me.

"Let's go out to dinner tonight, like fancy dinner." I suggested, silently praying she says yes.

"What's the occasion?" She asked, giving me her full attention.

I shrugged, "I wanna go out with my girl tonight, just the two of us." I lied.

I actually had a big question to ask her. I've been wanting to ask her for a while now but I didn't know when the perfect time was. But now that everything is going well in her life, I think it's the perfect time.

She bit her lip, "Sure, I'd love to."

* * *

The nerves and anxiousness was fully kicking in now as I waited outside Emelia's door. I fixed my tux once more, straightening out my black tie and taking deep breath. As I scrutinized the one fake red rose in my hand, the door swung open and my eyes widen immediately once I saw Emelia.

Her hair was perfectly curled and she wore a red fit dress that stopped a little further passed her mid thigh. She paired it with black Mary Jane strapped heels and a beautiful red lipstick. She didn't wear a lot of makeup - at least I couldn't tell - and she still looked absolutely stunning.

"Wow." I breathed as I looked her up and down, admiring her beauty.

She blushed and looked down at her feet, leaning against the doorframe, "You look pretty wow yourself." She eyed me.

"You look...oh my gosh." I was speechless, she left me completely speechless.

Emelia raised her eyebrow and tittered, "I'm gonna take that as a compliment."