Chapter 25: Letting It All Out

"Emelia, just breathe. You look amazing and everything's gonna be alright." Cameron wrapped his arms around me from behind, resting his head on my shoulder.

My breathing was becoming rapid just thinking about being face to face with my mother, the one who helped ruin my teenage years. I've probably looked in the mirror fifteen to twenty times, wanting to look my best to try and convince my mother that she didn't ruin me, which was a complete lie.

The small sections from the side of my hair were braided and pinned to the back while the rest was in loose beach curls. I've ran my hands down the sides of my black skinny jeans with holes on the knees about five times and fixed my black and white baseball tee. I changed my shoes about three times until I finally decided on my black and white high top converse.

"I'm so nervous I feel like I'm gonna throw up." I whined, biting my lip.

Cameron spun me around and held my face, "I'm gonna be there every step of the way, don't worry." He assured me, rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

I nodded and took a deep breath, inhaling through my mouth and exhaling through my nose, "Alright."

He smiled, "You look beautiful."

I blushed, butterflies filling my stomach, "Thank you."

He grabbed my hand and intertwined them together, "You ready?" He asked.

I nodded and sighed loudly, "As ready as I'll ever be."

-

"Oh my god, I can't do this." I groaned, my chest feeling heavy as we stood outside the house I grew up in.

Cameron wrapped his arm around my waist, "You got this, I believe in you. Come on." He encouraged me, walking up the steps that lead to the door.

My hands were shaking and I continuously took sharp inhales, "I'm so scared." I murmured as we stood Infront of the door.

"Don't be, you're gonna be fine." He kissed my temple before ringing the door bell.

My heart raced as I heard footsteps behind the door, causing me to grip Cameron's side. He rubbed my side in comfort, keeping me close to him. My heart was beating so fast I thought I was gonna pass out.

The door swung open and there she was, the woman who had given birth to me stood before me with a bewildered look on her face.

"E-Emelia?" She whispered as she walked out the door, the screen door slamming shut.

I took in a sharp inhale, "Mom." I said in a shaky monotone voice.

She threw her hands up and covered her mouth, her eyes becoming glossy, "I can't believe it, w-what are you doing here? You told me you wanted nothing to do with me." She asked quietly.

I nodded, "And I meant that but I need to speak to you and ask you some things to give myself, hopefully, some closure." I spoke a little calmer.

She nodded eagerly, "Yeah sure, um come inside." She turned around and opened the door.

I looked up at Cameron who have me a sweet smile, rubbing my lower back as he lead me inside while following behind me. My mom lead us into the dining room, bringing back so many memories.

We sat down on the tall black chairs that went with the black table in front of us. Cameron sat down beside me and my mother sat across from me. Cameron placed his hand on my knee, letting me know he was there.

"If you don't mind me asking," My mom spoke, turning her attention to Cameron, "Who's this?"

"He's my friend, Cameron." I introduced him.