Chapter 10: Confliction

"I'm pregnant.." My mom whispered, pushing her brown hair out of her face.

"What?! To that piece of shit?" I whispered loudly, sadness and angry flowing through my veins.

"Don't talk about him like that and yes, I'm pregnant to him." My mom sighed, avoiding eye contact with me.

"How could you stoop so low? It's horrid enough that you live with him and let him abuse your only child but now you're having a child by him?!" I exclaimed in a whisper, not wanting to cause too much of a scene so I would awake him.

"I love him." My mom defended.

"Bullshit, you love the fact you have a roof over your head, food in your stomach and enough cigarettes to kill your lunges in minutes." I growled.

The way too familiar stinging sensation covered my right cheek causing my head to turn from the collision. Tears brimmed my eyes but I wasn't gonna let her see me cry, not this time.

"Don't talk to me like that! I'm still your mother." She hissed, pointing her finger at me.

"You're a sad excuse of a mother." I spat before turning around and storming out the house.

I sat up in the comfortable and unfamiliar bed, gasping for air. A beeping noise increased rapidly and I was constricted from moving by wires being connected to my body. I gripped the wires and started pull them off and out of me.

Strong arms pulled me back, stopping me from ripping the wires out my body. A team of nurses burst through the door and held me down as well.

"We have to subdue her!" A nurse shouted, holding me down by my shoulders.

"Why do you have that needle?" A guys voice asked in fear and confusion.

My eyes were closed and I struggled to get out of their grips, slapping and punching as best as I could with one constricted arm and the other was tied down by nurses.

"Woah, wait! Stop! Please, I can calm her down." The guy pleaded.

I was still trying to catch my breath, my heart rate going through the roof. I was shaking like crazy and I broke out in a sweat.

"Emelia, it's me Cameron. Breathe, it's okay." His deep voice tried to calm me down as he ran his head over my damp hair.

As soon as I heard him say his name I stopped struggling and finally opened my eyes, staring into his hazel ones. His face was a slight red and his eyes slightly puffy. He must have been crying but why? For me?

"W-Where am I?" I stuttered, my voice weak as my eyes searched the room full of nurses with concern filling their colorful orbs.

"You're in the hospital, you passed out from losing so much blood in your arm." Cameron explained, pointing at my arm.

I looked over and saw my fully and tightly bandaged arm, you could see blood spots seeping through the thick white bandage. Tears filled my eyes as the memory of what happened filled my mind.

"I can handle her from here, thank you." Cameron told the nurses as they backed away from the bed and soon left.

I let out a deep shaky breath and looked around and saw not only Cameron but Nash as well. The look on Nash's face was unexplainable, he looked scared but yet happy to see me.

"How long was I out?" I whispered, licking my surprisingly moist lips.

"A few hours," Cameron sighed and sat down next to me on the bed, "The doctor said if I didn't make it to you at the time I did you," he paused and looked down at his lap, "You wouldn't be alive right now."