Chapter 3: Bad Idea

I walked into the lobby of the hotel and towards the elevator, holding my bag close to my body as chewed on my bottom lip anxiously. I reached the elevator and pushed the button to go up. The door automatically opened and I walked inside, pushing the button with 5 on it. The doors closed and I felt the elevator move.

I was on my way to Cameron's hotel room to get my phone back since I wouldn't tell him my address. I was nervous because I haven't talked to anyone other than my therapist in months. I isolated myself from people so I wouldn't worry about being hurt in the future...again.

The elevator dinged to let me know I've reached my destination. The doors slowly opened and I stepped out and started the search for room 520.

"518, 519, and 520" I muttered to myself.

I stood in front of the door and took a deep breath. "You can do this, just get your phone and let him apologize and leave." I pep talked myself, trying to calm down my nerves.

I nodded and lifted up my shaky hand and knocked a rhythmic three times on the door. I heard voices and laughter coming from the other side of the door. I bit my lip and wiped my sweaty hands. I ran my now dry hand through my hair and then the door opened.

"Can I help you?" A boy with blue eyes asked. He looked confused as to why I was there.

I looked up at him and sighed, "I-I'm here for my phone?" I said as if I were asking for confirmation.

He nodded, "Oh right! Come in" He moved aside to make room for me.

This wasn't what I prepared myself for. We were suppose to talk right at the door, not inside. Oh boy..

I hesitantly walked inside, he closed the door behind me making me turn around, confused on where I was suppose to go. He pointed ahead to the room as he walked in front of me. I followed behind him, the voices of different pitched voices came clearer and closer as I walked in plain view of the boys from earlier.

"She's here for her phone" Nash announced, making all eyes turn on me.

I immediately looked down, I hated eye contact and when the attention was on me. I could feel my heart beating quickly and my hands start to shake nervously.

"Oh right!" I heard a boy say and I heard movement then a drawer open. Footsteps came towards me until they stopped and were right in front of me and I saw my phone.

I took my phone from his hands and looked up at him. He was fairly taller than me; maybe three or four inches. His hair was up and perfectly done, he had on navy blue shorts, a pair of white socks and no shirt. He had a smile on his face once he saw my face.

"Here you go, I charged it for you as well. I'm really sorry about everything that happened earlier." He apologized.

I nodded, "It's fine" I dismissed it.

"Are you okay?" Another boy behind him sitting on the bed asked. He looked a little younger than the rest of them.

I nodded and put my hand around my upper arm, "I'm fine, just a little sore but I'm use to it." I said, immediately regretting that last part I said.

"What do you mean use to it?" The boy who handed me my phone asked, his eyebrows lowering in confusion.

I shook my head, "I-I, nothing." I stuttered.

"Well let me introduce yourself to everyone, you seem like you don't know any of us." The boy with blue eyes who was standing next to me said.

"I'm Nash" He put his hand on his chest, "That's Cameron" He pointed to the boy who handed me my phone, "That's Matt" he pointed to the younger looking one, "That's Carter" he pointed to the Asian one, "And that's the jacks" He pointed to a tall dark haired boy and a blonde one.